Well, this is pretty cool – inFAMOUS 2 developer Sucker Punch let a big secret out of the bag today at GDC when it was revealed that the highly-anticipated sequel will contain the ability for players to create, play, and share their own missions via a custom content creation tool from within the game.
While details are sparse at the moment, we do know that players will have access to the same set of characters, creatures, and props as the actual designers, making virtually ANY type of created mission possible including escort missions, defensive missions, survival missions, and many more..
A video detailing the new feature can be found here.
If you’re interested in the prospect of creating your own missions in inFAMOUS 2 (and really, what fan of the game wouldn’t be?), then you should also know that a “limited” public beta is planned for April to help you dive in and contribute to the cause. Details of beta access are expected to go live on the game’s official website on March 14.
So, what do you think about Sucker Punch’s announcement? How do the environments, characters, and gameplay mechanics of inFAMOUS 2 lend themselves to user-generated content? Are you excited about this or what?
inFAMOUS 2 is set to launch on PlayStation 3 in early June 2011.
via Joystiq

Been hearing about Infamous. Might buy #1 today.
that actually looks pretty cool. im pretty sure you will be able to share your levels like in LBP.
I wasn’t expecting this at all. This is much better than just throwing a multiplayer in. I can’t wait to try this out and see what kinds of missions people make.
Nice, hopefully it’ll be implemented well, it could produce some sweet content
It´s interesting when developers do the last thing you would expect. Never thought infamous/suckerpunch would go and do a LBP
With that said I think that could actually fit in the game well as an added bonus. My thought process is something like “Excite bike track design but for a action adventure with destruction”. Build up a masterpiece and then destroy it!
This looks awesome. The trailer on GT from GDC looks incredible. You can make some sweet missions from the looks of it. Races, obstacle courses, defense, escort, search and destroy, survival,etc. So many options and so many creative people on PSN. I can’t wait to see what people make. I agree that this is better than just some multiplayer thrown in for the sake of it.
What an awesome surprise. I definitely didn’t expect this, but I honestly think it looks like an awesome idea, and i’m sure it’ll be a hit.
This is pretty huge. This was already one of my must have’s with this rain of triple A titles were coming over the next couple seasons. This just blew my mind though.
While personally I’ve never been the most creative soul and barely use those kinds of features in previous games, I am stoked at the thought of trying out the maps of those who do.