Hey guys long time no see, anywho so my Love/Hate relationship with THQ continues. After recently announcing that they were whoring themselves out to Mattel to make crappy games based on even crappier toys, I had practically given up hope for me ever actually respecting them. That notion still stands, but hey look they got a new logo, it looks so cool and edgy... Hopefully a change in their logo reflects a change coming soon in their infrastructure.
Well while I'm ranting about THQ, recently while watching an episode of Mythbusters (awesome show) I saw a commercial for THQ's latest brain child "Homefront." The story sounds interesting, even though I roflcopter at North Korea ever actually taking offensive military action and China just twiddling their thumbs and watching. But while watching the commercial there were some stange things I noticed...mainly that I think the game looks like it was made for the PS2.
At 0:09 the corpses look like brown lumps. 0:12 the barbed wire looks 2D....then 0:18 seconds.....Is that no ragdoll physics on the guy they throw into the pit???? Wtf is this the 90's again? That looks awful! Then the Helicopter at 0:35 to me looks like the Chopper from Vice City. Finally that shotgun at 0:55 looks booboo to me. I don't know if I'm being to harsh just because of my blind hatred for THQ but man, that stuff looks pretty bad. I hope they fine tune the game before it comes out because this could be a great game if they just try harder.

0 Comments