The Latest


 
EA has sent word that Commander Shepard and the Normandy will make their long-awaited debut on the PlayStation Network with a Mass Effect 2 demo in North America today, Tuesday, December 21, 2010, and in Europe on Wednesday, December 22, 2010. Of course, the Mass Effect 2 demo marks the first time the former Xbox 360 and PC exclusive will be available on the PlayStation 3.

The demo includes the game’s rather kick-ass opening sequence, the investigation of a planet whose inhabitants have disappeared and a mission to help recruit one of the most memorable characters in the franchise, Mordin Solus, to your squad.

Mass Effect 2 on PlayStation 3 will ship to retail stores in North America on January 18, 2011 and in Europe on January 21, 2011 and will include six hours of bonus DLC missions, including the Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Mass Effect Genesis, an interactive comic from Dark Horse Comics and BioWare, will also be available through the Cerberus Network, the in-game online interface that allows those of you who purchase the game new to receive free content. The interactive comic will deliver a high level overview of the events of the original Mass Effect, giving them the option to make critical choices that will affect their storyline in Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, launching simultaneously on all three platforms for the first time in the franchise’s history in Holiday 2011. Of course, for those who do not purchase the game new, Cerberus Network codes will be available for $10 on the PlayStation Network.

Posted by Lance

6 Comments

  1. Derop Says:
  2. Can’t wait to check this out after work. Both this and the Dead Space 2 demo in one day!

     
  3. Frogosx Says:
  4. Definitely giving this a spin on the PS3. I’m interested to see to what extent the ME3 engine elevates the graphical assets of ME2. This could help me decide whether I’m playing ME3 on the PC or PS3. At the moment the PC version is in the top spot and unless the control scheme and TV screen blow me away it’s staying that way.

     
  5. Eroll Says:
  6. Looking forward to downloading it….. when it eventually appears on the UK store.

     
  7. Rowan Says:
  8. I’m European, and spent the better part of the day waiting for and checking on an American PSN account for the demo. I have to carefully ration out time for this demo and time for my assassins creed 2 playthrough (brotherhood on christmas.)

    I’ll be keeping the demo till the full game comes out, though I’ll have to put it down during the Jan Exams of course.

     
  9. Micro Says:
  10. 22nd / 3am UK / NO DEMO / WTF!? / GO TO SLEEP? / YES…

     
  11. This Game is Wonderfully fun and action.I’m a huge fan of this games though.I played this game and loving it so far. It looks really impressive.I’m interested to see to what extent the ME3 engine elevates the graphical assets of ME2.This could help me decide whether I’m playing ME3 on the PC or PS3.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets