The Latest

Sony has confirmed that Killzone 3 will support split-screen co-op for its campaign mode by sending preview code to the wrong people, and a 10-minute video filmed by some poor sap without a tripod shows some single-player madness against a giant mech.
The photos of split-screen co-op have been removed from the more prominent internet pages, but check out the preview video right here if you aren’t scared of a little spoiler.
Killzone 3 drops Feb. 22 for PS3. Bring a friend.
How pumped are you to take on that giant metal beast? Tell us in the comments!

Posted by Anonymous

7 Comments

  1. imaruffrider Says:
  2. Damn, I like what I saw there. Better voice acting (the intro of KZ2 still kinda horrifies me everytime I see it :S), and Rico looks awesome

    And from what I’ve heard, the controls are way smoother than KZ2. So that’s a good thing !

    Although I hope I’ll not be done with the campaign in 5 hours on normal, just like with KZ2. I hope it’ll be a little longer.

     
  3. Luchy2 Says:
  4. I think that the split-screen has the potential to boost sales if they manage to do i properly, which I by no means doubt that they will do.

    THis is quite perfect for me since I have a friend who also loves KZ and we played the hell out of KZ2. Bring it Guerrilla, show me what you got!

     
  5. Unsmuttered Says:
  6. Split screen sounds like a good idea but the video looks pretty much exactly the same as killzone 2. Seems to me like they’re concentrating too hard on the crappy gimmicks like 3D and neglecting adding good gameplay features.

    Maybe, if they fix the sluggish controls or simply add a faster moving “twitch” controls option to suit players like me who hated Killzone 2′s controls and still please the others who liked them, then it may be worth picking up, otherwise, I’m not so sure.

    Possibly worth developing the story a bit as well as there was absolutely no substance to Killzone 2.

     
  7. Unsmuttered Says:
  8. The controls have been adjusted, but I can’t say if it is for the better or worse sine I haven’t tried the bea. From what i’ve heard, they have change the controll scheme to be more similar to COD’s controlls. Would just like to point out that I loved the controls and think that thoese of who didn’t like them, just can’t adapt. My opinion of course.

     
  9. I loved Killzone 2 but the one thing that i think that they missed out on was co-op play and if they do add this to Killzone 3 it will be just one more example of Guerrilla giving the fans what we want!

     
  10. himdeel Says:
  11. Let me say after trying the beta the controls are still heavy but VERY responsive. Quite simply the aiming is quicker but the movement is still quasi realistic.

    If you enjoyed K2 then you’ll love K3. The idea of co-op through single player seems very cool. This game is on the top on my must buy list. It will satisfy your FPS needs in 2011.

    You can turn off motion control on sniping which is nice even though I liked it and there are lots of options to fine tune controls in the menu. This game will not disappoint and I predict 9+-10 scores from all review outlets.

    I’m still interested in more info and hands on with the MOVE though.

     
  12. Dimensiot Says:
  13. Hellz 2 tha muthafunkin’ YES! I’m as pumped as an old man on viagra for this sh!t ! ! ! !

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets