The Latest


PSP 2 rumors are swirling away, and now an article posted on IGN is throwing more fuel on the fire, citing a source that says that the system will offer graphics that rival the PS3.

According to the article, “while the device isn’t as powerful as the PlayStation 3, its components should allow it to sufficiently play games of comparable graphical quality due to the fact that it is rendering to a smaller, lower-resolution display than a full 1080p HDTV.”

“As far as graphics are concerned, the PSP 2 is a beast, packing enough processing hardware to produce graphics comparable to early PlayStation 3 titles,” the article states. “The processor, we’re told, is just over half as powerful as the PS3, though the specific framework of the cores and the clock speed was not revealed.”

Additionally, IGN’s source confirmed the validity of the images leaked to VG247 last month, in which the device features two thumbsticks, front and rear facing cameras, and a trackpad on the back of the unit.
What do you guys think of this latest PSP 2 development? Will you invest in Sony’s upcoming handheld, Nintendo’s 3DS, or stick with Apple’s App Store offerings for your handheld fix?

via IGN

Posted by Lance

15 Comments

  1. Considering the low res of the screen, it may seem to rival the PS3, but realistically it won’t. Hell, most games are still 720p and not 1080p. There are forums that list the real res of the games and there are very, very few that can be called true 1080p (even if the game box says otherwise) – most are really upscaled (this goes for both consoles).

     
  2. Mr.T-Bag Says:
  3. Wow, imagine if this was true…I doubt it is though. If this is actually true I will have a very hard decision……3DS or PSP2?

     
  4. BigMercenary Says:
  5. With as much as they’re saying is packed into it, it makes me thing its going to cost as much as a PS3 or more.

     
  6. that psp2 looks kinda silly,tho if it can run ps3 games well i guess thats possible ps3/360 hardware is pretty old looking at there cpu and ram.. its possible.
    well if you can run ps2 games with consoles just by having sony TV so i guess everything is possible

     
  7. tripranav Says:
  8. i m sold!
    will buy at launch day!

     
  9. Davi Says:
  10. PSP 2 vs 3DS that is gonna be something great to see. i was seriously thinking about buying 3DS as soon i saw it on E3. but now all these rumors about Playstation phone and PSP 2 its kinda turning about head towards Sony. hopefully Sony wont drop the ball, once again.

     
  11. Skelekey Says:
  12. I wonder how much this will cost. This may be my first handheld gaming system. skelekeyQuote

     
  13. FMF Says:
  14. I still don’t get what the track pad on the back can possibly be used for.Especially with the second analog stick.Then there the duel development of the pspphone and this.Seem stupid to have a product that will be obsolete in month by your self.I’m hoping pspphone is a different model for the psp2 and both will have the same specs.

     
  15. TheZombrx Says:
  16. Im sold but how is it that every rumor or sighting photo is distorted or unclear.
    We live in a world where almost every fricken phone has a 5Mp camera so who the fuck took this picture and decided to use his grandmas 1Mp Canon

     
  17. Unfettered Says:
  18. Hard to believe. PS3 is pretty powerful and half the power is quite the claim to make. It would cost a fortune if that’s the case. A good gaming laptop is at least twice as expensive compared to the desktop build. On top of that, you can play, but don’t expect any spectacular performance.
    So, even if they’ve done it, it won’t come cheap. Not even close to $200-300.

     
  19. Fiirraag Says:
  20. This is all fine and dandy, but the price will be the tipping factor for me.

    I’m not drolling over the handhelds (none of them) I don’t play them much. Still, I’m waiting to see what kind of deal they propose.

     
  21. Trikster Says:
  22. Sounds awesome, but does it have a second analog stick? TriksterQuote

     
  23. 7H30N Says:
  24. I believe it does, if thumbstick is synonimous to analog stick? – read here: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP2/PSP+2/news.asp?c=25768

    Personally I would like both N3DS and PSP2. 3D seems awesome and I think PSP2 will have some really good games.

    Unfortunately I don’t have money for either of them and I doubt I will in near future considering my country’s economy status and new technology pricings (almost 100% expensive than in US).

    I guess I’ll stick with my iPhone 3GS and a lot cheaper titles that promise a lot (Aralon etc.)

     
  25. Win Says:
  26. YAY better graphics, cos’ that worked so well for them going against the nintendo DS…. OH WAIT NO IT DIDNT.

     
  27. Wocyob Says:
  28. Trikster: Sounds awesome, but does it have a second analog stick?

    yea man it says right there.. and also almost all other articles that i have read around the web talking about it

    so to give you a super clear answer

    YES it has a second analog stick

    but of course sony still hasnt said anything yet so this of course could all be BS

    but we all know its not

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets