The Latest




































So, Super Meat Boy is a fantastic game. Any way you slice it, the game is challenging, addictive, and pays a loving homage to platformers of days gone by. If you have yet to check it out on XBLA or PC through Steam, Team Meat is giving you another way to pick it up; in a boxed version available through their website. But that’s not all, as this version will feature some of the most kickass box art you’ve ever seen.

The awesome box art (above) is the creation of Dave Rapoza, known for his Magic: The Gathering artwork. He also created a similar painting when the game launched on Xbox LIVE Arcade, which led to Team Meat getting a hold of him for the PC version’s cover.

The boxed PC version will be available through the game’s website by the end of January. Aside from the bitchin’ cover art, the boxed version offers the same game available for download on Steam, as well as special features like behind the scenes videos, designs, never before seen characters, and other special features for “around 20-25 bucks depending on the final price of the printing”.
What do you think of this truly epic box art? Let us know in the comments!

via Team Meat

Posted by Lance

6 Comments

  1. Nolasco Says:
  2. Most epic thing I’ve seem all day!!

     
  3. BigChorizo Says:
  4. all day? More like the best thing of the Year!!!

     
  5. TheSpix Says:
  6. You too are completely wrong. It’s the most awesome thing you and i will ever see in our life!

     
  7. Unfettered Says:
  8. I find it quite disturbing, scary and weird? I’d get it if the Meatboy would laugh (like in the game), but this angry look is…scary.
    No, no, no, this is too weird for me.

     
  9. Nigrea Says:
  10. I love alt-art like this, and this one is really awesome!! :)

     
  11. I think it’s kind of a funny poke at how old NES, atari, and sega games always had epic awesome box art, and then the game inside was like “bloop bleep, I are the character, a grey pixel”
    Amazing work! I don’t personally play magic, but sometimes I just look at the artwork on my friend’s cards. :D

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets