The Latest

It's been a busy past week and a half for me. Not only do I still have 2 games to review, but school has me pinned down and it doesn't seem to be letting up. However, I've got a little down time right now, so I figured I'd compile a list of my most anticipated games for the rest of 2010.

Most Anticipated Games for the Rest of 2010

Fallout: New Vegas - There are very few single player games that keep me interested for 75+ hours, but Fallout 3 was one of them. With the next installment close at hand, part of me is excited while the other part is nervous that this might be a giant expansion for Fallout 3 rolled into one package. While that's not a bad thing, I still feel like a fresh new start would've been welcome instead of coming out with something that looks and will probably feel a lot like Fallout 3. Either way, I'm still excited for it, but still not sure if I'll be getting it on day 1 of the release.




Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - I've always been a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed series. While the first one had some pacing issues, I still thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay and the sci-fi story. Assassin's Creed 2 cleaned up pretty much all of the gripes folks had with the first game and gave us even more options. Now, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood looks to be taking assassination to a whole new level, multiplayer. I admit, I was skeptical at first, but after seeing some gameplay videos and reading articles on the "cat and mouse" gametypes, I'm pretty much sold that this will be, at the least, a solid outing in the franchise, and a good appetizer for Assassin's Creed 3.


Call of Duty: Black Ops - I know, I know, its just another Call of Duty game, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for FPS games, especially CoD. While Modern Warfare 2 had its flaws, there's no denying that it was an extremely high paced, action packed experience that has yet to be matched in the FPS world. Was it full of boosting noobs and game breaking glitches that should've been patched? Of course, but Black Ops looks like it may be remedying many of our gripes from MW2 and then giving us a slew of new options from customization to saved films. If you haven't gotten into the CoD franchise, Black Ops might be a good one to start at, I know I'll be picking it up.



Vanquish - It's the next big outing from Shinji Mikami, and it looks insane. If you like 3rd Person Shooters and frantic, high paced action, this is the game for you. After playing the demo, I'm pretty confident that this will be an extremely fun and enjoyable game, I mean who doesn't love boosting and slow motion. 







Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Starkiller's back, and he can now dual wield lightsabers. If that doesn't get you excited, what about dismemberment, something that was oddly missing in the first outing. Hopefully STFU2, yes that is the actual abbreviation for the game and not a new move by John Cena, will be a more polished and better playing game than the first one. I mean, I enjoyed STFU1, but there were some graphical hiccups here and there, and the game's controls could've been a little smoother. Here's to hoping that the Force is strong with this one, even if it's not getting a sequel.



Super Meat Boy - It may be a small downloadable game for Xbox Live Arcade, but Super Meat Boy look like it will be a lot of fun, and for 15 bucks you can't beat it. If insanely difficult puzzle platforming is something that interests you, this might be one to check out.










Note-Worthy Games

These are games that I may not buy right off the bat,but I would still like to eventually play.


James Bond: Blood Stone
Disney's Epic Mickey
Donkey Kong Country Returns


That's about it, this year's round up doesn't look as big as I remembered it being a few months ago. I know a few games have been delayed or pushed back, including one of my most anticipated games, Little Big Planet 2, but that just means the spring will be that much better. Anyways, thanks for reading and I promise I'll be back in the chatbox on the forums once this school stuff is done, and these reviews are out of the way. Which reminds me, keep checking back for my Hydrophobia and Enslaved reviews as I finish up both of those games sometime this week.


Also, let me know what your most anticipated games for the rest of 2010 are. Will you be shootin' dudes up in the next Call of Duty, or are you looking forward to some of the more single player action games like Force Unleashed. Feel free to leave a comment below, and don't forget to visit the forums if you haven't already!

Posted by Jacob

23 Comments

  1. JeremyJordan Says:
  2. Don't forget Medal of Honor!

     
  3. Koospetoors Says:
  4. Star Wars 2 is coming out this year? Hm. I need to add that to my buy list!

     
  5. Question is, are their collectors edition worth getting?

     
  6. LilJThunder Says:
  7. No Fable 3? LOL.

     
  8. Neosword Says:
  9. "Fable 3 is gonna make your shit turn into gold" Molineux

     
  10. Two Worlds II is coming out, it looks pretty sweet.

     
  11. PandaJedi Says:
  12. Also the Game of the year editions are also coming out for Borderlands and Dragon Age.

     
  13. Lemmys Says:
  14. You know what I want to get, that TRON controller. Man that things gonna be beast.

     
  15. DJ HERO NIGGAS.

     
  16. Wisebandit Says:
  17. SAW II: FLESH AND BLOOD.

    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77872

     
  18. JaySky0 Says:
  19. I would probably watch out for, TRUE CRIME. It got delayed so it must be good.

     
  20. PangaMaster Says:
  21. I can't wait to play Kinectimals naked!

     
  22. NorseLax91 Says:
  23. SOMEONE HIDE SKITTLES.

     
  24. Bizzarrooo Says:
  25. PangaMaster, you pedophile gtfo my house.

     
  26. Johnny300 Says:
  27. Splatterhouse looks great, when they first introduced it on E3. Bloody +++++

     
  28. Nventer Says:
  29. I am really excited for Vanquish!

     
  30. DVSDEVISE Says:
  31. Thats 420 Dollars in games alone! Which is equivalent to a new Xbox 360.

     
  32. Dponell Says:
  33. COMIC JUMPER!

     
  34. Happy McFish Says:
  35. Tron: Evolution should be in that list Jacob ;).

     
  36. To the person that says Two Worlds II, it doesn't come out till January Fool.

     
  37. Zinfadel Says:
  38. I wish Dead Space II came out this year.

     
  39. Jacob Says:
  40. I can honestly wait on Medal of Honor. If anything I'd want to play the single player, the multiplayer looks like a faster Battlefield Bad Company 2, basically a MW clone. Actually, I would like to play TRON but I just don't want to dish out the cash. LOL

     
  41. You cheap motherfucker JK LOL

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets