
Sega is casting its net wide this year with its E3 showings. The fanboy-fueled company announced thirteen games they'll have on the floor for those present to sample and remark upon. Allow me to get the big shocker out of the way first, Sonic will be shown. Two titles, the rather promising Sonic Generations and my favorite series based around the Olympic games featuring an anthropomorphic mammal and an Italian service worker Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. Sonic Generations, you may recall, follows in the mostly successful formula of Sonic Colors and Sonic 4, mixing traditional side-scrolling with Sonic Adventure-esque 3D speedruns.
Beyond the little speed demon, there are some really exciting titles being shown by Sega this year. Sega is also showing the Gearbox-developed Aliens: Colonial Marines, the Kinect horror title Rise of Nightmares, the 2D Brawler Captain America: Super Soldier, and last but not least, a new Shinobi game for the 3DS.
On the lower end of the spectrum, Sega will also be showing Sega Rally Online Arcade, Anarchy Reigns, Binary Domain, Crush 3D, Renegade Ops, Guardian Heroes HD, and House of the Dead Overkill: Extended Cut for the PlayStation Move. Most of these are standard fare, with House of the Dead a remake of the Wii game, and Sega Rally having already released a week ago.
We'll keep you posted on these titles as they show at E3, or as more news comes about them. I had all but forgotten about Colonial Marines, but kudos to Gearbox for picking up the slack from other developers and finishing those games!
Source
Sega has been really pulling their game up. I hope they make better games though..but Gearbox is legit.
I cannot wait for these 3DS game titles to be release. I have been a big sonic fan so I hope they don't fuck it up. Cause lately all the other sonics are pointless.
I'm proud of Sega. Made my heart hurt a little whenever they put out terrible games. Maybe if they make enough money, we can see a new Shenmue #ridiculousdreams