The Latest



Deep Silver is pretty thrilled about the reception the initial Dead Island trailer has received. And why not? It’s totally epic and certainly bad-ass enough to be worthy of praise.


Well, to follow up, the company has released several new screen shots from the game that showcase the undead awesomeness in high-res glory. In them you get a glimpse of the creatures and locations you’ll come across in the game.

So, check out the much talked about initial trailer here, then the new screens, and then tell us below if you’re planning on booking a trip to Dead Island once this game is finally released.

















Posted by Lance

4 Comments

  1. Beema Says:
  2. Sneh… I can’t get too excited about a game these days based on pre-rendered CGI trailers and promo stills. I need gameplay footage before I start getting hyped up usually. Everything else is just window dressing.

     
  3. Chaoseon Says:
  4. ^^^ I agree that it’s too early to say exactly what it will be like to play, but the pics and trailer themselves are very good. The mention that it will actually have a story and RPG elements definitely makes me want to see more. Also, from the looks of the environment in a couple of those pics, I just know someone’s going to make a nanosuit mod at some point, haha.

     
  5. Artusagan Says:
  6. Sorry to disappoint a few, but there have been a couple of hands-on previews on other gaming sites lately. The gameplay won’t be what people expected it to be based solely on the CGI trailer. Many hoped for The Walking Dead-style atmosphere, but instead it’s like a Dawn of the Dead (2004) type of game.

    I think there’s a preview on Rock-Paper-Shotgun site.

     
  7. alan Says:
  8. There is loads of game play info out there for people who are prepared to look. There is also a gameplay video lurking around and about the place. The trailer did what it was supposed to do. Now it’s up to Techland to ensure the final game meets the hype.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets