There’s been rumors of late that Square Enix would be announcing a release date this week for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. However, if listings by EB Games Australia and GAME in the UK are to be believed, the cat has officially exited the bag.
According to EB Games in the land down-under, Deus Ex will be unleashing bionic-fueled hell on August 25th, 2011. GAME, on the other hand, is reporting the game’s launch the following day, on August 26th.
Square Enix hasn’t given any official comment on the matter yet. Are we looking forward to Deus Ex Human Revolution? Is August a good window to launch this ambitious title? Secure your place in the comments and share YOUR thoughts on the matter!
Source
But doesn’t Australia usually get games like… months after the US does? So we could potentially be seeing it a lot sooner.
In August? Im expecting around that time Batman Arkham City, and to be honest, BAC goes in favor of Deus Ex at the moment…
Finally a release date…i’m ok with the summer date. i think this will give’em enough time to polish it. i’m about to preorder this anyway because it looks awesome. of course, not @gamestop ^^ and this game will surely shorten the time until ME 3 drops (since it’s in the similar SciFi/RPG/Shooter category)!
Thank you GAME. I have something to go to the shops for with my birthday money now. <3
Well both Batman:AC and DX3 are published by Square-Enix so I don’t think they’ll cram them in the same August/late-summer release window. Maybe they’ll release DX3 in July or early-August like K&L2 but that’s just stupid in my opinion. DX3 should come out mid-June if you ask me.
I am looking forward to Deus Ex. It has been a long four years. I think that August is a great time for it to e released because it is during the summer drought where many down-loadable games come out. Remember that Bioshock and Batman Arkham Asylum both came out in August and sold like hot cakes. I hope it come out. We will see.
Am I the only one who’s gutted? I thought they said April release? Man this put a damper on my day
But doesn’t Australia usually get games like… months after the US does? So we could potentially be seeing it a lot sooner.
For the record, while Australian game and film releases used to lag months behind the US, the internet era has forced distributors to get things out in a timely fashion or lose their sales to downloads. We’re usually two days behind since new games release on Thursdays instead of Tuesdays, but for the big titles that’s all the delay we have now.