The Latest




Mortal Kombat was blocked by the Australian Classification Review Board, but Warner Bros. Interactive isn’t going down without a fight.
The Warner Bros. Australian arm is set to appeal the Refused Classification that preventsMortal Kombat from being sold in Australia. An official statementt reads:
After careful consideration Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Australia have decided to appeal to the Australian Classification Review Board against the RC (Refused Classification) decision given to Mortal Kombat. After reviewing both the game play and the Board’s original decision WBIE Australia believe the violence in the game is on par with numerous other titles readily available for sale in the Australian market. As such the company wants to exhaust all options to make the game available to Mortal Kombat fans in this country. An identical version of the game will be submitted for appeal.
The Australian Classification Review Board is one of the toughest censorships to crack. Does Mortal Kombat stand a chance?

Posted by Lance

8 Comments

  1. Jesuno Says:
  2. Im very proud of WB I know it sounds weird, but finally a company has the guts to stand up against this bullshit.

     
  3. I don’t know what kind of games are allowed in Australia that are on par with Mortal Kombat’s violence, so I couldn’t rightfully say unless I have that information. If we have some axeheads down under that could shed some light on that, that would be appreciated.

     
  4. fmf Says:
  5. Well I’m not Australian but theyer approach to violent content is bat shit crazy all across the bored.At one point a guy wanted to have any movie above pg13 to cover up the box cover and kept in a different room like porn.That remind me of the ban on small breasts in porn that was going on to.Then there was an attempt to control the internet much like how china dose it.If i lived there i would probably start each day off with a whiskey shot and an angry letter to the government.

     
  6. marineboy Says:
  7. I live in Australia, and I am overwhelmed with happiness that WB is standing up against this evil tyranny! Australia has no 18+ rating for video games, which means anything above MA15+ is either heavily censored or just completely band.
    Left 4 Dead 2 was censored for Australia, all the blood and body damage was taken off the game and every zombie you killed would disappear before it hit the ground. Obviously, with gaming becoming such a large medium in todays society, this has to change.

    THANK YOU WB, I HOPE YOU WIN THIS FIGHT!

     
  8. I feel sorry for Australian mainly because of the censorship and the bandwidth cap…

     
  9. Applebit Says:
  10. Its a great game.I like very much.This Game is Wonderfully fun and action.I’m a huge fan of this games though.I played this game and loving it so far.It looks really impressive.

     
  11. Australian censorship can sure be random at times. Games like God of War 3 were passed without censorship and that game is brutal as fuck. Same as Prototype and those games are not too far off MK9. L4D wasn’t censored and it’s much more gorier then L4D2 which is absolutely retarded. (It was censored into oblivion because of the melee weapons like the cricket bat, apparently using a melee weapon is much more offensive than shooting a zombie in the face with a shotgun).

     
  12. Bennonapler Says:
  13. Well i’m from Australia and i am very hopeful that WB can be successful with their case. Left 4 Dead was probably the game that sparked the biggest issue over here, in the end coming out with a bloodless mannequin slaughter instead of what Valve truly intended. But with games such as Dead Space 2 and Alien vs. Predator making it through successfully i sure hope they can follow in their footsteps But seriously our setup of classification is just the stupidest crap! And they just keep pushing these decisions about chaging it further…and further back. It’s just ridiculous crap.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets