The Latest



ATTN Mass Effect fans, BioWare has today revealed the details of the final bit of DLC for Mass Effect 2. As suspected, the DLC is entitled ‘Arrival’ and will bridge the gap between ME2 and the highly-anticipated Mass Effect 3 as Commander Shepard is sent to the edge of the galaxy to rescue an undercover operative who may have evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion that has been looming since the very beginning of the series. Returning and playing a prominent role in Mass Effect: Arrival is fan favorite Admiral Hackett, who is voiced by legendary science-fiction actor Lance Henriksen (Alien, Terminator).

“All year, we have been extremely honored and humbled by the reception we have received for Mass Effect 2 from players around the world, including our post release DLC”, said Casey Hudson, Executive Producer, Mass Effect series. “Mass Effect: Arrival is an exciting extension to Mass Effect 2 and will show players just how close the Reapers are to returning and completing their deadly harvest.”
The ‘Arrival’ content will be available for download on March 29, 2011 and will include three new achievements for the 360 and PC and three new trophies on the PS3. The DLC pack will be available for 560 MS Points on Xbox 360, £5.49 on PlayStation Network and also available for PC for 560 BioWare Points over on their official website.

So, how many Mass Effect fans plan on checking this DLC out? If you plan on playing Mass Effect 3, is there any way you CAN’T experience this final ME2 mission? Sound off below!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR 
VGH's founder and El Jefe.  Lance is a longtime 'gaming connoisseur', indie music junkie, recovering asshole and video game enthusiast. His main objective is to develop Video Game Henchmen into a gaming site known for its intelligence, timeliness, originality and integrity. Lance spends part of his free-time in the virtual world and has a lot of gaming experience since he started at a very young age.

Posted by Lance

9 Comments

  1. Frogsox Says:
  2. This month just keeps on rolling. I can’t wait to play this DLC. If it’s close to the calibre of LotSB I’ll be extremely satisfied.

     
  3. zacknabernon Says:
  4. DO WANT

    hope it’s at least as good as LotSB. looks veeeeeeery promising. and the 29th! so soon!! yay!

     
  5. liyad Says:
  6. I can’t wait!!!

    Hackett! I missed him so much!

    This just made my day!

     
  7. i plan on buying it

     
  8. Nevarran Says:
  9. The final you say? Curious, I tought thay are going to put some DLC month ot two before the release of ME3, to heat up the fans. I think it’s a good strategy to put some quality DLC befoore the release of the sequel.

     
  10. Too bad, I was interested in the period between ME 2 and 3, but since it’s a payjob, though luck… I wont get it.

     
  11. Luffay Says:
  12. I can’t wait, I’m hoping there’s a huge twist or SOMETHING that does a not-so-subtle hint at what we’re going to expect from Mass Effect 3 later this year.

     
  13. Silverbolt Says:
  14. Wow, i’m really surprised it’s coming out so soon. LOTSB took like 3 months to be released from when it was announced, something like that anyway…. Can’t wait to play this.

     
  15. not bad i was expecting more then 5.99 price tag on “arrival”
    Tho im pretty sure they wont reveal much about story of ME3 tho i think its going to be one of the best dlc’s we’ve seen so far for ME2 but! made only to make us more hungry for ME3.. it should be called it teaser dlc

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets