Rockstar has released some new images and information pertaining to the upcoming L.A. Noire which basically revolve around the game’s setting of 1947 Los Angeles.
As described on the game’s official site, the post-war economic boom and full-fledged glory of Hollywood’s golden era brought a new, revitalized air of glamour and prestige to the world of Los Angeles in 1947. In the game, this will be exemplified by high-end mansions flanked by luxury vehicles, exclusive restaurants and top class shops… all catering to the idle class.
Despite how nice it all sounds, Rockstar points out that Detective Cole Phelps will soon learn firsthand what they say about all that glitters. With power comes ruthlessness, with wealth and privilege come greed, with fame comes desperation – and below that high-gloss sheen lie the darkest of souls.
So, take a peek at these never-before-seen screenshots that showcase some of the wealthy, fortunate and elite that you’ll encounter in the game while also keeping an eye on this media page for the latest videos. Then, be sure to let us know how high up L.A. Noire is on your “Must Have” radar. Is this game looking awesome or what?


I'm actually shocked how quickly I've fallen under Rockstar's thrall since Red Dead. I was never a big GTA gamer but I have to say, this game looks pretty much revolutionary.
Also, fun fact, one of the GameInformer editors is in the game! How wicked cool would that be? We should shoot for that...