The Latest


I love Zelda games. As a kid, I was lucky enough to be able to grow up and play the classic Zelda games we've come to know and love such as Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening and the under appreciated Wind Waker. There was something about those games that perfectly captured that grand sense of adventure, and relatively few games have come close to matching their lasting appeal, you know a game is great when it sticks with you for almost 15 years. 

That being said, I don't really know how I feel about Skyward Sword. I know I'll buy it day one and I'll probably love it, it is a Zelda game after all, but there's just something about it that doesn't feel right. I'm fine with the graphical style, Wind Waker is still one of my favorite Zelda games, it's just that I feel like the focus on motion control/Wii Motion Plus is going to take away from the overall experience of what a Zelda game is about, adventure. Take the latest GDC trailer for example. After watching the trailer I got this overwhelming sense of mini games. I'm not saying mini games are bad, most Zelda games do in fact contain a fair amount of them, its just that all they are showing of Skyward Sword is mini games. I'm probably over analyzing things, or maybe it's the fact that growing up as a kid I never really saw a Zelda trailer. The internet was in its infant stages and the only way you knew a new Zelda game was on the way was through the latest edition of Nintendo Power, or your friend's Nintendo Power. I didn't rely on trailers to hype myself up, I just figured "Hey another Zelda game, it must be fantastic!"

I don't really know exactly where I'm going with this because a Zelda rant is the last thing I had in mind. I guess I'll leave you with this, are Zelda games hard to show off with a trailer? I mean you can't just cram the trailer full of dungeons and puzzles and boss fights, or can you?

Posted by Jacob

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets