Riddle me this – what do you get when you cross some brand new Batman: Arkham City screenshots and artwork with the grand debut of video featuring gameplay from the highly-anticipated sequel? The answer.
That’s exactly why we encourage you to check out said pics and debut gameplay trailer so that you can see what all of the buzz is about.
Once you do, let your fellow gamers know what you think about today’s media update. Is Batman: Arkham City living up to the hype thus far or are your riddled with doubt?
It’s really easy these days to get swept up in a well crafted trailer and the group at Rocksteady has dropped one hell of a trailer on us this time.
If I was anxious to play this before, consider me frothing at the mouth now.
The gameplay is from their PAX demo. It looks really great and no other hero game coming this year looks this good. I think October is a great time for this game to come out, right before the Calling Duty Month. I can’t wait.
Hugo Strange blaming Batman, check.
Harley Quinn beating on Batman, check.
Joker requesting help turning out to be a trap? check.
Oh and some more stylish than spiderman grapple-gliding who needs radioactive bugs now eh?..
i’m wise to the hype. it looks like the overblown-cash-in a la modern warfare 2 rather than another gem like arkham asylum. i’d love to be proven wrong but i just dont think this game will measure up to it’s awesome predecessor.
I think we’ll be surprised that the detail in City matches that in Asylum. This trailer seems like it had a specific goal: to show the innovations in traversal and combat. But we’ll both keep our eyes peeled for signs of decay ;)
I’ve never seen nor care to see a Saw movie so the Jiusaw reference was lost on me. I don’t consider him nearly a popular enough character for Riddler to be taking anything from him. From the headline, I thought it was a Batman character I wasn’t familiar with until I read the Saw reference.
fair point. i’ll keep looking at the media to see if the clever story and inventive environments have survived the transition to open world. here’s hoping.
This game just exceeded all of my expectations with that gameplay trailer! So looking forward to this title, can’t wait!
I’m cautiously worried about the graphics. Loved the first game as was excited before it came out, blown away playing it and felt really satisfied with the experience. Can’t help but feel they should up the tempo on the graphics department, this game can and should look a whole lot better
And here we…. go. This certainly puts a smile on my face :D Im glad Rocksteady finally opened a little peak into their cards, for I guess chance has two faces. Luckily, they most definatly did not play the joker card on us. I really loved the footage. Gave myself at least something to go batty over. Great swooping actions, new fight abilities, etc.