GameStop will be offering up some exclusive skins for robots Atlas and P-body, Steam is giving away a copy of the original Portal, and Amazon is serving up $5 in store credit. Portal 2 will be available on April 20th for PC/Mac ($44.99) as well as 360 and PS3 ($54.99). As previously reported, the PS3 edition will include a free Steam Play copy for PC or Mac.
So who are you going with for your Portal 2 pre-order action? Let us know where you’re dropping your cash in the comments!
Not going with gamestop no matter what, unless of course I can rob them. I’ll probably get my copy from amazon since I already own the original.
I’m torn between getting the PS3 version and simply ordering from Steam.
I’m very curious what Valve managed to squeeze out of Sony cross-platform wise and being a trophy whore I also need those.
The problem with ordering from Steam is the game’s price is just insane in euros. Even tho I buy everything from Steam, unless a significant price cut or a co-op pack is introduced, I may have to stick to the PS3 version and then redeem it on PC as well.
I have no doubt Vale will bring the heat, but after Portal 1 I don’t feel the price is justified (regardless how brilliant the first game was).
not preordering it from anywhere.
Will try to remember to buy Portal and beat it, then buy Portal 2 on release day.
Definitely going to pick up the PS3 version just so if my comp cant handle the PC version I always have a back up! Thanks a bunch for this Valve, great deal IMO…
Surely if you get the PS3 version, you then in turn get the PC version for free, thus also getting the original portal through a chain re-action :-P
Rob: I don’t think it’ll work this way :)
I’d love to get the PS3 version to play coop with my wife. Or at least attempt it, I don’t think she’ll be able to handle the insanity. But it’s currently listed at 70 Euros here. EUROS. That’s not getting one version for free, that’s just a slight discount, considering the Two Pack goes for 80 Euros on Steam. And it’s not even clear whether coop play between the PS3 version and the thusly unlocked Steam version is going to be possible. Sooo… I guess I’ll wait.
Amazon’s 5 dollars back is the most appealing of the three since I hate gamestop and already own Portal from back when The Orange Box dropped on Steam. Also, like others have stated, I’m not sure if my PC will be able to run Portal 2 so getting both through the PS3 edition is definitely my best, and safest, deal.
This is, of course, if I even bother preordering in the first place. Thank god the PC version coming with the PS3 version isn’t only a preorder bonus (as I’m sure other companies would have preferred to do if given the decision).
I’m definitely hitting up the PS3 version, I also have a wicked PC so this is definitely a win-win for me.
Cant oford a day one buy because of LA: NOIR and INFAMOUS 2 but i am getting it on ps3 maby later this year, i am getting a stronger pc. The pc i have now has problem playing star wars battle front 2 on normal settings.
I’ll go ahead and add this:
If you already own the original portal on steam and buy portal 2 on steam, you’ll be able to give your free copy of portal 1 to a friend.
(so it’s clearly the best deal)
Also, if you buy a retail version, a lot of your money will go to EA for distributing the game. If you buy it on steam however, 100% of your money goes to valve. The choice is yours but I know which company I’m going to support. SPEAK WITH YOUR WALLET AXEHEADS!
and yes, multi platform coop has been confirmed for pc-ps3