After months of waiting around and watching trailers of in-game footage and motion scan technology, we finally have our first taste of what Rockstar's upcoming Detective/Thriller L.A. Noire will play like. Take a look at the first, of many, upcoming Gameplay Series trailers which, as the title suggests, are all about the gameplay of L.A. Noire.
I was actually surprised at how much of the GTA style of gameplay Rockstar kept with L.A. Noire. To be honest, I was expecting a pretty new system, but why make a new combat system when your old one works so well I guess. The HUD is noticeably Rockstar with the mini map and circles representing people and missions. Also, the driving looks to still be the good old GTA style of controlling a car, which I actually prefer over most games.
A couple of notable differences are the melee/fighting system which, while only glimpsed in the trailer, looks to be more refined than say, GTA or Red Dead Redemption, which is a huge relief seeing as how undeveloped the past melee systems have been. Also, the detective aspect of the game looks really intriguing, and has me itching to watch the next Gameplay Series to see if they touch on this a little more. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the way the game is looking right now, and this trailer completely squashed any doubts I may have had regarding the gameplay. Here's to hoping L.A. Noire tuns out as amazing as it's shaping to be!

Totally Blew my mind!!! Day Zero purchase for me. I can’t wait to play detective. This is my dream game! I am happy :)
Too bad I don’t pay for my X360 games. Would be more that happy to buy a PC version.
Looking very interesting. Never been a big fan of GTA but really enjoyed GTA3 when that open world was fresh. I did not feel that they innovated enough with the gameplay after GTA3 and maybe even went overboard filling the world with “real life things to do”.
That was until I played Red Dead Redemption, wich I loved, that gave me the chance to experience life in the old west. Now with this game it seems like I finally get to experience some real detective work in a fun environment. My hype meter just went up a couple of levels.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT… Im pummped, and nothing else needs to be said…
Is this perhaps the Heavy Rain that some of us expected? With far more gameplay than just shooting, but also not only quick time events when investigating? With a little bit freedom in world exploring? It’s also nice that this time you play the good side again. I am fed up with all the wannabe gangster games (yes, I never played GTA IV).
And the technology for the faces is amazing. Just imagine this technique on Mass Effect. I am afraid that after L.A. Noir I never can enjoy the faces of other games anymore. Ok, Uncharted does a nice job, but this is a level higher. Finally no dead puppets.
This video made me pre-order the game… making this the 3rd Rockstar in the row that I have pre-ordered…
… how are they doing this?
Can’t WAIT!