The Latest


Empowering the VGH Community with a voice to collaboratively review the industry’s hottest titles, the VideoGameHenchmen.com Community Review delivers real insight from real gamers about the pro's and the con's pertaining to the biggest and hottest games titles in the world. This is the VideoGameHenchmen.com Community Review for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Let’s get started!


FACTS:
Publisher: Capcom  
Developer: Capcom
Genre(s): Fighting
Players: 1-2 (Online Versus)
ESRB Rating: T (Teen)
Release Date: February 15, 2011
Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360,

Official Website

GAME SUMMARY:
After a decade of waiting, iconic Marvel and Capcom characters join forces again in a re-envisioned team fighting game for a new generation. Fill the shoes of legendary characters from the most beloved franchises in entertainment as you battle in a living comic book brought to life in a VS. fighting game for the first time by Capcom’s MT Framework.

Posted by Lance

6 Comments

  1. Scwhick Says:
  2. The GOOD: Many great characters made it to this game. Capcom’s line-up is probably the best in the series. Marvel’s lineup isn’t all that bad but I really wanted to see Cyclops or Gambit.

    The BAD: The roster is smaller. MvC2 had like 20 characters more and I may not have used a lot of them, at least the choice is still there.

    The UGLY: Being a huge MvC fan I’m mad that they dumbed down the gameplay in MvC3. Seriously, Capcom just wants the button mashers and casuals to buy this game so they made the gameplay really simple. You can pull combos out of your ass in this game. You can also spam attacks out your ass in this game.

    If your looking for a fighting game get SSF4 or if you like this game just wait until they release a version of MvC3 with all the DLCs included.

     
  3. Lobulodo Says:
  4. The Pro: Great Characters, Easy to learn, Hard to master gameplay, Good arcade mode, great visuals.

    The Con: Limited modes, unlockables don’t have incentive

    The Disgustinb: Can’t just make matches like Street Fighter.

    This game is really good, even with the limited modes and characters. But there is quality over quantity in the characters and stages. This is a great game for those who want to start playing fighting games or for master fighting players.

     
  5. Hackstersack Says:
  6. The Pro: The simple gameplay makes it easy for people who don’t play fighting games to play and not just people who play fighting games, Thank god cause majority of my friends don’t like fighters cause they can’t play well.

    The Con: Not enough characters I know 36 is a pretty good number for a fighting game but the 3 on 3 fights make it seem small.

    The Disgusting: The price of DLC, Capcom has already came out with an alternate costume pack on day one for five dollars so I’m not sure if I should be looking forward to DLC (even for new characters) or not, But that all depends on the price at less for me, even though I rather get them for free.”sigh”

     
  7. The dlc is six costumes plus shadow mode. Also I don’t know if the characters are coming the same day.

     
  8. battlebattle Says:
  9. The Pro: simple gameplay, combos still easy. More emphasis on moves. Roster more balanced, everyone is capable of good damage.

    The Con: Default “arcade” damage is a bit high and not adjustable online (not too sure though).

    The Disgusting: No tech roll or quick recovery makes combos guaranteed to catch.

     
  10. Watcher Says:
  11. The Pro: Absolutely amazing gameplay, and being a newcomer to the series, I was lucky enough to pick up this game first do to its friendly attitude to new players who are not familiar with the overall control scheme. I spent a few hours on simple mode only to realize that simple mode was well…to simple..so then I moved to normal mode and I am probably not going back. I actually was able to pick up normal mode pretty quickly, in about a week or so I predict I will probably be playing like a pro.
    (Note: To all those people complaining that Capcom switched the control scheme in order to appeal to other players, understand that this game isn’t suppose to be only for you..the people who are fans of the series..its suppose to be for everyone, and the difficulty in executing moves in the last game served as a thick barrier deterring people from enjoying the game to the fullest. That is why I applaud Capcom for keeping the gameplay not only in depth and varied, but also easily accessible to the people who have never gotten into the Capcom Vs. games.)

    The graphic style is REALLY nice in this game as well. Its unique cell shaded graphics definitely accomplish what Capcom was going for. The colors are nice and vibrant, the character animations are smooth and crisp, and some of the back drops to some of the stages are absolutely gorgeous. And of course the special attack effects (like Ryu’s super huge Haduken) aren’t to shabby looking either.

    The Con: Though its not necessarily a big complaint…but I think MvC3 could have made due with at least 10 more characters. Give or take a few…and some of the characters..while they add variety..just seem plain random. I mean…She-Hulk? Really? But my biggest complaint is the fact that the story is really vague…I mean really really vague. Sure you unlock some movies that, while extremely well animated, reveal almost nothing about what was going on. I wish they would have put more emphasis on the story in this game. What would have been cool is if they included a mode where each character has their own little story mode that connects with the overall story….kinda like how BlazBlue did.

    The Disgusting: The game has to few modes. There is Arcade, Training, Mission, and Online Mode….and that is pretty much it. For a game that was so highly anticipated for such a long time it is a bit of a shame that Capcom really didn’t offer anymore variety to the modes like they did with SF4.

    Final Verdict: Besides a few minor gripes that I can live with, Marvel Vs Capcom ranks up there with one of the best fighters I have ever played. The graphics are bright and vibrant, the gameplay is accessible but still maintains to keep alot of its depth from the previous games, and the online mode is virtually lag free. I reccomend it to any fan of fighting games….in fact..I reccomend it to anyone who just loves games in general.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets