The Latest

Though many of you were feverishly looking forward to getting a few friends together and tossing around the ol’ razor-sharp-explosive-tipped-batarang, alas friends; twas not to be. Developer Rocksteady has confirmed in a new interview that Batman: Arkham City will, indeed, be single-player only.
Game director Sefton Hill said, “With the game now coming to the final stages, I can honestly say it would not have been possible to deliver Arkham City the way we wanted to if we’d have added multiplayer.” So there you have it. Those who are skeptical of multiplayer being tacked on to games often cite this very scenario as a concern for the practice. At least one developer sees things the same way.

Batman: Arkham City is currently slated to swing into action sometime this fall.

Is it good a dev is prioritizing the single-player experience? Will dropping the ever-popular multiplayer mode hurt Akrham City in your opinion? Does Hugo Strange have any clue how much of his face going to get wrecked? Hit us back in the comments!

Posted by Lance

2 Comments

  1. ClumsyandShy Says:
  2. Godd thing Rocksteady aren’t owned by EA, no MP means bye-bye! :P

    Seriously though, I think it’s a good thing that they release the game for what it is, even though it might hurt their sales. To me, that shows they are confident that they have made a good product, which they are proud of showing off and that that experience(SP) alone will be worth the money.
    But I don’t know.
    Anyway I don’t mind since I enjoy single-player games and even if there would have been MP I most likely would’nt play it. Blablabla sorry I’ll shut up

     
  3. Stefano Says:
  4. That’s a bummer they couldn’t get it out the way they wanted to. Still looking forward to the game just as much though.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets