The Latest


Even though they’ve been on sale on the Japanese PlayStation Network for over a year, PS3 gamers in the US have been left in the cold when it comes to TurboGrafx-16 games over the downloadable service. However, that’s about to change, as Hudson has officially announced that Bonk’s Adventure and a host of other TG-16 games will be launching on the service this winter under the TurboGrafx Classics (or should it be Classix?) moniker.

The list of TG-16 classics on the way for PlayStation Network includes the aforementioned Bonk’s Adventure, Alien Crush, Bomberman ’94, Dungeon Explorer, Neutopia, New Adventure Island, Soldier Blade, Super Star Soldier, Victory Run and World Sports Champion, all set to release individually this winter.

So what do you PS3 gamers think? Will you be getting down on some TG-16 love? Let us know in the comments!

via Kotaku

Posted by Anonymous

4 Comments

  1. JungleCack Says:
  2. This is awesome news! I had a turbografix as a child and I remember when everyone would want to come over cause I had this foreign system. Now I can get all those games I had before, and I don’t have to invite anyone over!.

     
  3. Zooombad Says:
  4. Well i guess i will post first and say i think its a great idea and hey whatever content we psn users can get why not.. THO i still would like sony to work on some titles that should just be released I rather play Tomba then Bonk but hey that is just me.

     
  5. This is good news. I hope we’ll be getting some Turbo CD and Super CD games, especially Valis III and IV. I won’t even mind if Valis IV is only in Japanese as long as I finally have a chance to play it again. I’ll never forget how excited I was when Super Valis IV was released in America and how angered I was once I finally got to play it and discovered that it had been completely butchered in the porting process.

     
  6. Ronin Says:
  7. As a young lad I rented the TG-16 but the only game I remember playing, quite vaguely as well, was Bonk. There exists this impression that the game wasn’t half bad but I really cannot remember how it went… So, no there doesn’t exist any particular interest in those games. I’ll stand up on my soap box and praise the epicness of Bomberman if I must but really how different could it have been on the TG-16.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets