The Latest


With all of the buzz surrounding the new Tomb Raider reboot, it's no surprise that an HD remake of the older games would be in the works. Playstation Blog announced today that The Tomb Raider Trilogy HD will be coming exclusively to the PS3 on March 22 for $39.99. The Trilogy pack includes remastered, HD versions of Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tomb Raider: Ledgend and Tomb Raider: Underworld, a static theme for your PS3, PS Home Avatars of Lara Croft and Viking Thrall, and behind the scenes trailers for each of the games. 

If you're looking to catch up on the Tomb Raider franchise, like myself, or maybe just feeling a bit nostalgic for some good old tomb raiding, this HD trilogy might be worth checking out.

Via Playstation Blog

Posted by Jacob

7 Comments

  1. Lostnumber Says:
  2. HD games remastered in HD, well fuck me, what a productive release.

     
  3. Segmaster Says:
  4. Legend and Anniversary are understandable but isn’t a Underworld remake a bit too soon? and wasn’t it already in HD? I guess one can’t complain, they could have made a Tomb Raider Collection with just two games and justifying it with the God of War Collection having two, and I haven’t got myself motivated to pick up Underworld anyway so this may be a good deal, however:

    If Eidos, Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics really felt it necessary to make a HD Collection then WHY THE F@#$ don’t they make a Legacy of Kain Collection? or just a Soul Reaver Collection that includes SR1, SR2 and Defiance?

    It’s not such a bad idea, Ubisoft is making Beyond Good & Evil HD and Team ICO the ICO Collection.

    So? Come on guys! you canned Dark Prophecy so at least let us relive the memory.

     
  5. TheWatcher Says:
  6. Interesting, I was thinking it would be the first 3 games in the franchise. What’s the point of re-releasing the 3 newest ones?

     
  7. Mr.Tbag Says:
  8. Why don’t they just remake Tomb Raider 2 and 3. Besides Underworld came out a couple years ago, and it already is in HD

     
  9. I might check it out when it hits the 20 dollar price range. If I remember correctly, Anniversary was a remake of sorts of the original game. With the first Tomb Raider being the first PS1 title I ever owned back in the day, I would be interested in replaying that story.

    The other games I would probably get to during that period in the year, usually the summer, where there are a shortage of new games to play.

     
  10. Pumper Says:
  11. Anniversary is the only good game out of the 3 and it’s already in HD on PC. I do not see a point in this. Guess Square just needs money and will do anything with the old games to milk some.

     
  12. I might get this

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets