If you were already planning on picking up Sony’s next hit first-person shooter Killzone 3, then you will be stoked to know that your purchase will also nab you a voucher to participate in the SOCOM 4 beta. The voucher comes in both the regular and standard editions of Killzone 3, so nobody will be left out in the cold.
Sadly, we have no word on when the SOCOM 4 beta will begin, but Zipper Interactive’s Chris Roper has shed some light on that aspect:
To get early access to the beta, look for the SOCOM 4 callout on the front of all eligible copies of Killzone 3 (including both the standalone and Helghast Editions). Inside the box you’ll find a PSN code that you’ll be able to redeem for your early access as soon as the beta goes live. To find out when the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta begins, be sure to check back at SOCOM.com once you pick up your copy of Killzone 3, hitting shelves on February 22nd.
So, there yah have it, SOCOM 4‘s beta doesn’t have a release date yet. At least you can tear up the Helghast in the mean time, right? Who here is stoked for the SOCOM 4 beta access – oh, and Killzone 3!?
Source
umm I wasnt necessarily looking forward to this game but I’ll play the beta….why not??
Nice try Sony,
I’m a big SOCOM fan but I’m not picking up KZ3 for early access to the beta. I’ll just wait for the public beta.
I was already going to get Killzone 3, that’s pretty cool but it also reminds me of the Epic’s recent thing with Gears 3.
Nice!
Will be picking up KZ3 anyway cos it looks great. Always nice to get a little bonus every now and again. Will try the beta for sure.
I don’t think they need the incentive but I’ll never turn down free sh!t. Also I’ve never played any of the SOCOM games so I’ll be interested in seeing how it plays.
It didnt need a incentive cause Im planning to get the game anyways. Love the Killzone franchise. But now the fact I get access to the SOCOM 4 beta.. EPIC!!! Thats another game Im look forward to. Especially the online play(lol not saying bout the multiplayer chats). But honestly I enjoyed Confrontation and the SOCOMs before that(yes I know they were different developers).
how come when epic did this it garnered so much bad press? but when sony does it it’s praised?
Finally some news on S4. This is a nice little bonus. Also for those not wanting to get KZ3 there will most definitely be other means of getting into the S4 Beta which has been confirmed by Roper on the socom.com boards.
I’d say it has to do with the way Gears 3 was delayed, and how it was stated it was strictly for financial reasons, yet it was ready for an April release. Now, we are getting a beta, which could be a slap in the face to many for playing a beta for what is essentially a game ready to ship.