The Latest


Platinum Games’ newest title will be a raw, innovative take on the fighting game genre–Max Anarchy will be a multi-platform online action game described by producer Atsushi Inaba as “Massively Multiplayer Melee Fighting Action,” according to Andriasang.
Max Anarchy will feature a solid single-player story mode as well as an online multiplayer mode, and stars MadWorld‘s Jack as a playable character, but as you’ve never seen him before–in full color. Jack apparently “has nothing to do with the game’s story and world setting,” but he will be in the game just for violent, bloody kicks.
One screenshot from Max Anarchy in Japanese magazine Famitsu shows a character skewering his enemy with a chainsaw while another sneaks up from behind with a torch-like weapon.
In his interview with Famitsu, Inaba focuses much attention on the “Massively Multiplayer Melee Fighting Action” aspect of Max Anarchy, as it is the developer’s first online combat game. Inaba said that a lot of the game’s two year development has been spent balancing this tricky system.
Max Anarchy is tentatively scheduled to release fall 2011 for PS3 and Xbox 360, marking Platinum Games and Sega’s fifth collaboration, following Bayonetta and Vanquish.

Posted by Lance

1 Responses to Platinum Games: Max Anarchy is a MMMFA?

  1. supersnake Says:
  2. I have all faith in Platinum. They have given us new ways to play in games. I loved MadWorld, I loved Vanquish. I am looking forward to this game. New multiplayer experiences are coming like AC:Brotherhood and Dead Space 2. I can’t wait!!!

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets