The Latest


We're back! We had to take a little break this past week, you guys know how it is with school and life and what not, but we're finally here with the latest episode of Henchmen Cast. This time around we talk about Little Big Planet 2, DC Universe Online, Bionic Commando, Dragon Age Origins, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fable 3 and a few others. We also give a rundown on some of the major news topics in the past week like the 3DS, Portal 2 and the PS3 and Dead Space 2/Dragon Age II crossovers, and of course we answer all of the wonderful, sometimes strange, viewer questions. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this latest episode and as always, thanks for listening!

Henchmen Cast - Episode 25
MP3 Audio File
55 MB
Right Click Save As - [download]

Posted by Jacob

9 Comments

  1. Hyrage Says:
  2. DKC Returns is a platform game much better than the LBP2.

    Level design and control is superior, unfortunately is done in an SD platform and most of the public the HD consoles do not play.

    Too bad, because is a one the best games this generation.

     
  3. Mordedecal Says:
  4. Although Gabe has been douche-y in the past I feel like Valve has always tried to be good to gamers. I mean just look at the orange box; which I have yet to see a deal trump that. It’s funny because even after all these years I still find myself running back to play a few minutes here and there of “Day of Defeat: Source” I mean I really enjoy that game, so much more than a Halo or a Call-uh-dookie. This announcement is fucking awesome for gamers and it totally makes me excited because I don’t really talk to anyone on steam anymore, but i have a shit ton of people on PS3 that I play with. This just means I can still have that awesome coop experience! BTW it would only be more awesome to play some coop with one of the axe lords.

    LBP; oh man what can I say, sometimes when I play that game I get so fucking excited I feel like a pedophile or something because the game is just so innocent!!!!

    Great show guys, keep it up!!

     
  5. BlindFireX Says:
  6. wow man LBP2 sounds SWEET!! 2011 seriously is the year of the PS3 and before you accuse me of being a fanboy i own a 360…im so fuckin jealous

     
  7. imaruffrider Says:
  8. I don’t care if its politically correct im saying sackboy damn it! If its a girl call it sack girl, otherwise SACKBOY! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Jk

    Great episode as always!

     
  9. NiceTryS Says:
  10. Well if you ever want to play LBP 2, I would be open to it. I’m always looking for more people to play with, or teach how to get the logic gates to work. I got LBP 1 day one, So I’m super happy about the new features of LBP 2. And I think the collectors edition is great as far as things go. All the pre-orders are in one box. It caters to creators much more then players. Seeing as sackbots and all that. And based off the price of costumes for LBP 1 buying all the costumes separately, in the collectors edition, would be more then just getting the collectors edition.

    But yea, if you wana play sometime, I’m open for it, and thats for anyone on here.

     
  11. TumbleWeed Says:
  12. I think 3DS at 250$ IS a steal at launch (expected 300$). Don’t own a DS or a PSP, but this has my sweetspot tingling.

    Also you talked about FPS playing on pc AND consoles together. In my opinion racing games is a much better fit, and I can’t see any reason it hasn’t been done yet. Take Trackmania as an example, perfect game to get the war between the platforms going :-)

    Evan is the live at the 3DS Event.

     
  13. I think the poll is a little unfair because all of those features are wonderful. But if You put a gun to my head and threatened to blow my brains out if I didn’t choose only one of the features, I would go with cross-platform multiplayer. As far as I know, the only game that did it on PlayStation 3 was Epic Games’ Unreal Tournament III with PC/PS3 connectivity. What Valve is promising for the PS3 version of Portal 2 is amazing but what Epic did for UTIII on PS3 is nothing to sneeze at either because they allowed mod support and keyboard & mouse control, which could bridge the gap between the platforms in terms of balance.

    Even though I am mostly disinterested in multiplayer, I would love to see more developers go that route and add console/PC multiplayer connectivity. Of course, the best thing that could happen would be if Sony and Microsoft put their differences aside and devoted resources to create PS360 multiplayer. I know it’s wishful thinking and I know it’s a double-edged sword (or a double-handed battle-axe). If PS360 multiplayer were possible, people who can only offer one console would no longer choose to buy a 360 over a PS3 because “all their friends are on Xbox Live” and vice versa. They would not have to choose between the joys of multiplayer and the joys of exclusive titles. People who own both consoles would no longer prefer one version of multiplatform games for the same reason. Instead, they would choose the better crafted version. The downside to this is that flamewars could intensify and that’s assuming the level of fanboyism would not be diminished by the upside of this deal.

    I’m genuinely surprised that Microsoft is not a pioneer in this field and is not working on 360/PC multiplayer connectivity. Or at least I’m not aware of any 360 game having cross-platform multiplayer with PC, because I don’t own a 360. It would make so much sense for them to be doing it. Just look at how many 360 titles are presented as the so-called “console exclusives” – games only for 360 and PC. Why doesn’t Microsoft reinforce that with 360/PC multiplayer?

     
  14. LostNumbers Says:
  15. Just wanted to say I really enjoyed this episode. Yet again, more thoughtful conversation on the breaking news and releases.

    I missed not being able to listen to Henchmen Cast last week.

    Anyways, thanks for keeping me entertained on a boring ass Saturday morning.

     
  16. QuiverWing Says:
  17. Imagine what would happen if Steam and OnLive would merge.
    That thought gives me chilles. :D

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets