Harmonix has announced that a five track pack from the Thin White Duke/Ziggy Stardust/Aladdin Sane/Goblin King himself, David Bowie, will be landing on Rock Band 3 next week.
The five songs available in the pack represent offerings from a variety of Bowie’s records, and include “Ziggy Stardust”, “Blue Jean”, “Fame”, “Young Americans”, and “Modern Love” for $8.49 (or 680 Microsoft Points/850 Wii Points). As is the custom, each song can be downloaded separately for $1.99/160 MS Points/200 Wii Points. Additionally, “Ziggy Stardust” and “Modern Love” will be offer a Pro Guitar/Bass upgrade for 99 cents more.
Bowie is no stranger to the Rock Band franchise, as his influential track “Space Oddity” was made available on-disc for Rock Band 3 most recently, the first Rock Band offered “Suffragette City” to rhythm gamers, while “Let’s Dance” was featured on LEGO Rock Band, and “Heroes”, “Moonage Daydream”, and “Queen Bitch” are all available as previous DLC.
I heard that the reason David Bowie has two different colored eyes is because he was stabbed in the eye with a bowie knife. The same rumor says that this is also why he goes by David Bowie. Is this true?
Actually, none of them make the claim that's in the OP. What they (and all other sources I know of) say is that Bowie was punched in the eye during a fight. The first two include the detail that the friend he was fighting with was wearing a ring, which is presumably what did the damage that screwed up his eye.
Yep, sure did. Real name, David Robert Jones. Davey Jones of Monkees fame, was already well-known (having been a child actor) when Bowie was starting out so he picked a stage name to avoid confusion.
I saw an interview with Bowie himself where he addressed this. His eyes are actually blue but the one with the permanently dilated pupil looks darker and almost hazel simply because the iris is compacted so much. His did get punched in that eye which is what caused it to be damaged.
Post a Comment
Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!
I heard that the reason David Bowie has two different colored
eyes is because he was stabbed in the eye with a bowie knife. The same
rumor says that this is also why he goes by David Bowie. Is this true?
A couple of websites that repeat this tidbit:
http://www.teenagewildlife.com/info/faq/14.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bowie
http://www.askmen.com/men/entertainm...vid_bowie.html
It's a pretty widespread "factoid" apparently, but I guess you'd have to go straight to the source to truly verify it.
Reply With Quote
The way I heard it is that he was punched in the eye.
Yep, that's what the websites I linked to say as well. The knifing is a new twist on the story as far as I know.
Actually, none of them make the claim that's in the OP. What they (and all other sources I know of) say is that Bowie was punched in the eye during a fight. The first two include the detail that the friend he was fighting with was wearing a ring, which is presumably what did the damage that screwed up his eye.
Yep, and I corrected my mistake (which I intended to post originally about the difference but then somehow forgot) directly above your post.
I'm not sure why he's called Bowie in particular, but didn't he change it from Jones to avoid being mistaken for a Monkee?
Yep, sure did. Real name, David Robert Jones. Davey Jones of Monkees fame, was already well-known (having been a child actor) when Bowie was starting out so he picked a stage name to avoid confusion.
David Robert Heyward-Jones to be precise.
I saw an interview with Bowie himself where he addressed this. His eyes are actually blue but the one with the permanently dilated pupil looks darker and almost hazel simply because the iris is compacted so much. His did get punched in that eye which is what caused it to be damaged.