The Latest


Are you an Elder Scrolls fanboy or fangirl? Did you just about lose it at the VGA announcement of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? Are you planning on doing a little dusting up on your Elder Scrolls before the new one comes out? Well it seems that you may be in luck then.

The Morrowind 2011 Graphical Project has put out what amounts to a gaggle of mods in one handy-dandy package, complete with instructions, to give your old copy of Morrowind a new outlook on life. Check out the video below for a peek at what the mods can do for you and then head on over to YouTube for more videos from the compendium’s creator if you want more.

Although these are not new mods, this is the first time they are put together in one package to aid with ease of use. So will any of you go back and play Morrowind in preparation for Elder Scrolls V? If so, will you check out the mod package? Or has anyone gotten this yet? Let us know what you think below if you have, or will have (or won’t have), this Morrowind mod mayhem!

Source

Posted by Anonymous

7 Comments

  1. Awesome I would definitely load up Morrowind again if I could find the CD. Now where could it be…

    That music induces major nostalgia in me. I spent so many hours in that game.

     
  2. Ronin Says:
  3. Morrowind is definitely a great game but personally I won’t be playing it again just because of a texture mod. Making the game look a bit more cute doesn’t change the core gameplay and that’s all that matters so if I do dust off the case and slide it all sexy like into my DVD drive it will be when that urge hits me to do so. Makes it that much more enjoyable.

     
  4. Wow, the environments look fantastic! Love the trees in Balmora! Many props to the boys and girls who took the time to work on those mods!

    It’s nice to see Morrowind is still getting love after eight years. Oblivion was fantastic, but Morrowind will always be the superior game. Definitely one of my all-time faves.

    I have to disagree with you, Ronin. It doesn’t just make the game look more “cute.” It adds a whole new atmosphere, making the world feel fresh and new. With the mere addition of trees, Balmora looks and feels like a new town.

    Playing the same great game from a new perspective is definitely a huge incentive for me to pick this old standby up again.

    Oh, and I know exactly what you mean, davidkennedy85. I still catch myself humming those tunes. I have a lot of fond memories of summer ’02 because of Morrowind.

     
  5. Arminies Says:
  6. i dont know what is more sad the fact that this looks better and will play better then Skyrim or that this is better then Oblivion.

     
  7. This looks great.. But I wont download it, for the single reason I dont have time… Im replaying Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 and The Witcher at the moment, so I have my hands full with RPG’s anyways.. And I have to work aswell.

    Maybe after Ive finished DA2, ME3, Skyrim and The Witcher 2 ill get it..

     
  8. MeesterDerp Says:
  9. Knew I should have bought this on the Steam sales… Oh well. Like lotsofotherstuff I have way too much on my plate as it is. Cool though!

     
  10. Harshy Says:
  11. excellent. bout to load this up today and see what happens. morrowind was always hard for me to fully absorb because i played oblivion first. so naturally skyrim is number 1 priority for me but this will definitely suffice until then. elder scrolls archer/illusionist for life.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets