The Latest



Ignition Entertainment has completed El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, its pretty, new action title of mythical proportions.

El Shaddai will drop April 28 in Japan, with details for North American and European releases to be announced soon.

The story features an alternative take on Western biblical lore, set on a white wonderland of innovative action design.

Ignition dubs the game’s developers as a Japanese dream team, whose former titles include Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Okami.

El Shaddai is exciting the pants off of Japanese gamers—Ignition released a line of limited edition jeans for the game, all of which were sold within the first three minutes of their availability.

Check out the game’s trailers and let us know if you think El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron can be as successful in Western society as it appears to be in Japan!

Source

Posted by Lance

8 Comments

  1. Fandom Says:
  2. im pretty excited about this one, and besides being a gamer im a pretty into nice jeans, i would have liked to see them

     
  3. Arminies Says:
  4. I, for one, cannot wait for this game. Innovative action meets amazing art style in a new IP? my kind of game! Will it be as successful in western countries? I think it will probably do better in Europe than the States, it’s too cerebral of an idea (i.e. not a shooter) to catch on in America. (Maybe if they sell it to women and kids – IT’S PRETTY)

     
  5. Brian Says:
  6. Hell Yeah! I am Super Duper Stoked for this Game!!!

    The potential this game has looks outstanding to me, I just hope they Execute & Deliver with Accuracy.

    Ignition Entertainment.. You guys are High on my List!

     
  7. jwalker Says:
  8. ….eh..I don’t know. After watching the trailers..it looks kind of weird…but the action does look nice. Since people who made Okami worked on this game, I can definitely tell they had a great influence on the games art style..and I like that about the art…but…something just strikes me as really weird…I don’t know what it is. Guess I will have to wait for more gameplay footage.

     
  9. marcelksk Says:
  10. What can one say? obviously the Japanese have a different take on western religion/mysticism, but a gamer calling a game weird? Well that’s just . . . I’m calling shenanigans on this one.

     
  11. jwalker Says:
  12. Didn’t say the game was weird. I said something about the game strikes me about being weird. Maybe its their use of colors, maybe its the character models, or maybe its just the overall atmosphere to the game. Either way, something seems off to me. Like I said before, I need to see more of the game.

     
  13. jesuno Says:
  14. Oh well, I was hoping to not have to do this, but since you called out another gamer for his opinion, I’m doing the same. Your first post made you sound like a pretentious ass, and your follow up made you sound worse. I think it is totally within bounds to think that an androgynous angel in blue jeans with his midrift showing to be called weird. Also, Valve. They are pretty “cerebral.”

     
  15. Brian Says:
  16. Cmon Now guys no need for picking out on one’s opinion with disdain!

    Let everyones thought’s be read or heard, if they do not attack you in anyway shape or form why even go there…?

    I love this Site for one REASON it is not like other sites i have been apart of and could not stand anymore… Keep VGH open for disagreement’s and agreement’s leave the other shit out! you know what i mean by “other shit” GG

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets