It’s been a rough ride for the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops, but that doesn’t mean that Treyarch is resting on their laurels. The developer is currently readying another line of fixes meant to rectify myriad issues, including a care package glitch fix, clipping, leaderboards, as well as technical and performance issues that have been rearing their ugly heads since the game launched last month.
Treyarch posted the list on their forums, detailing the issues that the developer is currently working on in the game. While there is no official release date yet for the upcoming fixes, it is somewhat heartening to know that Treyarch is aware of the issues and working diligently repairing them.
Though I’m glad they are fixing these issues, I’m can not help but wonder what exactly goes into my additional $10 I’m having to pay for the title.
The engine hasn’t changed since but with some minor adjustments from MW1. The game comes out of the gate with only one GSP being able to host servers thereby creating a monopoly and lack of competitive rates for server rental. On top of this the amount of control admins have is incredibly limited to what was available in MW1. Then there are bugs galore thanks to an utter lack of a beta release tasked with finding them. A paltry number of multiplayer maps without any way of creating my own. The friends list doesn’t work with steam and in game it’s convoluted and tedious. And the game had hacks ready for it 4 hours prior to it’s release.
We simply don’t get what we pay for when it comes to activision titles, in fact when you compare it to another title you get less with a higher price tag. This title for me in the beginning was nothing more then a stop gap for the next big title.
Even if they fixed everything I’m not interested in playing it anymore. Course I know many will love this, but I think those folks have lost what it’s like to have a great game in their hands.
yeah its cool that they are fixing the bugs. i would argue that games just come out earlier and earlier.. but then again you cant beta test a game anywhere near enough to prepare it for like 8million people.
as long as they address the awful spawning system i can manage
I already gave up on this game, This will be the last COD game I will ever buy.
Moving on to BF:Nam
@ Gerber
"I already gave up on this game, This will be the last COD game I will ever buy."
The famous last words of us all amigo ;)