The Latest





Sure it came out in Europe and Japan over a year ago, but that doesn’t mean that US gamers have been unsure about whether or not we’d ever see a downloadable PS3/PSP version of the beloved PlayStation RPG Vagrant Story. However, it looks like that day may come, as the game has been rated by the ESRB.

A full list of new (to PSN, at least) games was revealed, including the Square RPGs Threads of Fate, Xenogears, Legend of Mana, as well as Arc the Lad 3 and Ridge Racer Type 4. While the ESRB rating simply shows the intent to bring these games to PSN in the US, the publishers have yet to officially reveal any information, let alone release dates. Still, this is definitely good news for fans of PSOne RPGs.

via ESRB

Posted by Lance

7 Comments

  1. firkraaaaag Says:
  2. Oh shit!
    Xenogears was one of the last JRPGs I was able to enjoy!

    I’ll surely be getting it if it comes out on PSN.

    …I wonder what the experience will be like after all this time.
    XD

     
  3. Awesome,can’t wait to play Xenogears on the PSP.\m/

     
  4. Steveo Says:
  5. I still haven’t had the same experience with an RPG like I did with Xenogears! Such an amazingly deep story and gameplay, top it off with amazing music makes this a must buy for me!

     
  6. Brewsomania Says:
  7. I bought Vagrant Story some months back. Haven’t completed it yet but it is a unique RPG of good qualities – I really enjoy it when playing it.

    If you are into RPGs, or maybe want to try out your first RPG, spending some bucks on this classic would most likely do you good. Vagrant Story was the last RPG to come out from Square before they went over to the PS2, so relatively few bought it when it was released in 2000 – which is a shame.

    Need to finish it myself…

     
  8. It’s about time! I have been sending Webster new definitions of the word “Classic” for months now. According to the PSN classic is a term used to describe something that no one has ever heard of. It can also be used to identify a product that was universally despised upon original release. For example:

    Person 1 – “Have you ever played bowling?”

    Person 2 – “What? Like have I ever bowled?”

    Person 1 – “No, it was this totally rad bowling game for the Playstation. I played it for like 15 minutes one time and my eyes started to bleed.”

    Person 2 – “Cool.”

     
  9. Vagrant Story is really worth it!
    The battle system is great and the combat is challenging.
    Some battles take a long time though or otherwise my strategy isn’t very good.

    The story is quite confusing but it’s also special for a jRPG
    I’m 1/3 through the game so far according to the stats.

    I play it on my PSP because ps1 games don’t look very nice on a 42″:-)

     
  10. Vagrant Story is the latest RPG to leave the site before going to the PS2, so relatively few have bought when it was released in 2000 – which is a shame.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets