At one point DC Universe Online was slated for a release in November 2010, then the game was delayed until “spring 2011″ at the 11th hour and now we have confirmation of a new release date that will see the highly-anticipated MMO launch simultaneously on the PS3 and PC on January 11, 2011 in North America and on January 14, 2011 in the UK.
“Creating DC Universe Online has been a massive undertaking, and we’re excited to be that much closer to launch,” said Christopher Cao, Game Director of DCUO for Sony Online Entertainment. ”We’re grateful to our beta players for providing us invaluable feedback in these final stages that has enabled us to put the finishing touches on a fun and exciting experience when the game launches in January.”
After dropping $59.99 for PlayStation 3 version or $49.99 for PC version, which both include one 30-day game membership, the monthly subscription will run you $14.99. Or, if you’re feeling frisky, you can go all-in with the $199 lifetime subscription that will only be available on the PC (unless they decide to change that later on).
So, looks like the long-awaited DC Universe Online is right around the corner.
Source
I’m only looking at one MMO next year and it’s not DCUO. While I don’t think the game is bad, there can only by one at this point and that’s SWTOR. IF SWTOR slips out of 2010 or doesn’t delivery then I might give this a look. But at this point I’m waiting for SWTOR because I genuinely believe it to be a top tier product.
It’s a 100% no go for me because of subscription model. Till this message I thought it’ll use micro transactions. A sad day for me. Ah well, more money will be saved for Bioware’s MMORPG which is a 100% go for me even with subscription fee
I don’t mind having a subscription fee as long as the game is worth it. So far the games I’ve played that have been micro-transaction based have been busts for me. I don’t want to have to pay to get “the good stuff” in a free model, especially when the free content is so bland. I respect anyone’s opinion if they disagree with me on this, but that’s the way I feel.
I’ve never been willing to play a game with a subscription fee. It’s the same reason I don’t own an Xbox.
had mine pre ordered on Steam since it wen up, I CANT WAIT!