See if you can guess where this is going: The second entry to this video game series launched back in 2003 and became a gaming phenomenon, even getting its own feature film. A third entry to the franchise was announced several years ago, but information on the upcoming game was kept to a minimum and went silent for many months. However, the silence has been broken and now it appears that the game is still trucking along in development, and is set to be released as early as Q1 2011! What could this mysterious game be?
| Yes, This will kill you. |
No, silly kid, not Max Payne 3; Postal 3! Yay…?
Not only is Postal 3 still coming, but according to the Running with Scissors studio head Vince Desi, the game is in the ‘final stages’ of its development. “It’s in the final stages in Moscow, I don’t think it will come out this Christmas,” Desi said to Joystiq.
So, it seems that Postal 3 is still on the way, like it or not. What do you guys think of that? Let us know in the comments!
I’m always down for urinating on people and shooting down a whole marching band.
way to wait until the supreme court decided to talk about about butting limits on violent video game sales. It not Like Postal 2 was mentioned in the case… oh wait.. it was… I smell trouble brewing?
is it sad that all I can think of now is how pissed I am that Max Payne 3 is being made by someone other than Remedy and therefore does not count?
Has anyone seen the E3 developer walkthrough for Postal 3 (on GT)? It looks freakin’ terrible. It literally looks and plays like a bad, original Xbox game.
What was shown wasn’t even funny. You’d have to be like one of the game’s developers to find Postal 3 funny: an immature pothead who still thinks it’s 1995. They managed to get a chuckle out of me when they showed off the badger “chainsaw,” but the fact it’s inspiration came from a stupid Internet meme squashed that quick.
It’s sad that Postal has gotten the notoriety it has. Take away the over the top violence from Postal 2 and what do you get? A piss poor FPS. The GTA series has always gotten attention over its depiction of violence, but at least the series has consistently produced exceptional titles.
The guys over at Running With Scissors have to put down the bong, get over the “lolz, killing hookers is funny” mentality, and produce something that doesn’t resemble the shoddy work of a group of 13 year olds in a basement.
Completely Agree. …and it wasn’t funny in 1995 either :-P
I’ll say this. I was 13 when Postal 2 came out, so it attracted me due to it feeling “off limits” and having a certain degree of deviancy.
Now I can only think that RWS has to substitute good story and innovative gameplay with dick jokes and gratuitous violence. But the game hasn’t come out yet, so maybe it’s changed for the better? No? You’re right.
I don’t know what you guys are talking about… cat-silencers are the best thing to happen to games in the history of ever. I love Postal 2 to this day and still play it, I haven’t seen anything of P3, but I am excited. Hope it doesn’t suck.