There will be no Grand Theft Auto: Arkham City in Rocksteady’s upcoming Batman sequel, but I don’t put it past any of you to try to pick up asylum escapee hookers while dangling from a grappling hook.
The Batmobile will definitely not be included in Batman: Arkham City, director Sefton Hill told British outlet GamesTM.
“There aren’t any playable vehicles in the game,” Hill said. “What we’ve really focused on is Batman himself. We see him as the ultimate vehicle.”
Batman seems plenty capable of navigating the city without the Batmobile, and I see this omission as a fine move from Rocksteady. What do you guys think? Were you looking forward to some vehicular action in Arkham City? Share your joy or disappointment below!
this can only be a good thing
Arkham Asylum was a fantastic game and you didn’t drive anything there. I have no reason to doubt that it wil be a great game regardless.
Arkham Asylum was my personal GOTY from, last year was it?!
I’m a bit hesitant about the “city” theme in this one. But if it is even close to the original, I think it’s going to be a good one for sure.
Btw. Mass Effect 2 this years GOTY for sure. 2 play throughs, second with the second hardest setting all dlc and missions through, ca. 40 hours, even with my semi tight scedule..
Yes, this news I like, Rocksteady have just proven that they are true game developers and making the game have just good, solid game mechanics rather than including gimmicky little asides such as driving sections. I won’t having the Bat Mobile as a short of way of warping to a location (i.e. you call the Batmobile over, pick a destination from a list and then boosh, you’re there)
I have no doubt this will be a stellar game, however I’m still disappointed there will be no Batmobile sequences.
I’d say it’s a good idea. I hadn’t even expected vehicles of any kind in this series. It’s just not what it’s about and trying to add them in would probably be a bad idea and limited to one scripted sequence that would be ultimately underwhelming.
If they added the batmobile it would have been sweet, likewise the game s sweet without it.