If you couldn't tell by my lack of posts, and Twitter, I'm officially addicted to Call of Duty: Black Ops. I've been playing for the past few days, blazing through the campaign and jumping into multiplayer matches, trying to get a feel for the game before I start my review and hopefully video review. But as I'm taking a break right now, I decided to write a little post talking about one of my favorite new additions to CoD's multiplayer, Wager Matches.
I had a feeling Wager Matches would be fun, but I had no clue they would be this addicting. One Bullet In The Chamber is instantly awesome, but it's Gun Game that really has me hooked. I could honestly spend hours upon hours in Gun Game. The simple, yet extremely addicting aspect of getting a kill and working your way up the tiers of weapons is one of the most gratifying experiences I've had in a multiplayer.
If you don't know what Gun Game is, I'll give you a very brief rundown of what it entails. The match starts out with you holding a lone Magnum. Once you get a kill with the magnum, your weapons swap out and your immediately greeted by akimbo pistols. Get a kill with those and you swap again, but this time you pull out a shotgun. This process repeats over and over as you get a kill, switching through a variety of assault rifles, LMG's, snipers, launchers, and eventually wrapping up with a crossbow and ballistic knife. It's a simple premise, but there's one more addition that will keep you on your toes throughout the match. If you're knifed then you go back a tier, forcing you to get a kill with the previous weapon. This causes you to constantly watch your back and not run in completely head first. The first person to cycle through all 20 Tiers of weapons wins the match and also wins the 1st place prize, because this is a Wager Match after all.
The more I play Gun Game, the better it gets. It presents an element of strategy and variety to a multiplayer that is almost solely focused on run and gun, and forces players to use weapons they wouldn't normally use in the game. It's addictive, challenging and oh so satisfying when you're on top. We'll see how these Wager Matches pan out in the long run, but for now, consider me hooked.
So, what is your favorite part about Black Ops' multiplayer? Are you all about the Wager Matches, or do you prefer the in depth customization? Feel free to leave a comment below, I'd really like to hear what other people think about Black Ops' multiplayer. Also, don't forget to check back for my Black Ops review and video review which should be up within the next few days, and as always thanks for reading!

I might have had an opinion on this matter if I had actually been able to play the copy I bought. It’s a bit of a funny story actually.
See I didn’t buy it for myself exactly. More for my youngin brother. He’s your typical middle school xboxer/military shooter fan so when I asked what system he wanted it for I wasn’t too surprised when he chose the xbrick version.
Low and behold I come over with his copy of the game, he gets ready to fire it up…and BAM RROD. I kind of felt bad for him and kind of laughed at him. Anyway, at least we didn’t take the plastic off the game.
Played the PC version, but have seen Wii version in action (and played for about 15).
The Good: The campaign is fun. The Wii version is close to the 360/PS3 version feature wise and plays well.
The Bad: It’s a copy and paste job with a different skin. For the most part, it is exactly the same game. If you enjoyed the past entries, you’ll enjoy this. I just wish I’d get something truly unique for once.
The Ugly: Unplayable multiplayer. Freezes all the time with no fix in sight. Once there is a fix, that may well change, but this game needed like another two months of work.
Game is not working on PC, big fail. And singlplayer is not game at all, but some interactive movie and reminds me A-TEAM cheese..
Small framerate. Dosn’t support crossfire and multilayer is wherry laggy… Spend 30 minutes to join zombie game, never get online. Always error or disconnects.
Basically they sold me not finished product, and i never get answer from support…
Forums are temporarily offline for maintenance. Nice to go Activision!!! Sell me broken product and turning off support!
And bad part of story, game get activated in steam, so you can’t sell it!
Multiplayer has fixed issues or complaints with the old Call of Duty games while trying a new purchasing mechanic (seems to be working).
Multiplayer:
Black Ops is another Call of Duty more flawed than ever. I can only dream of the day that will finally fix all those overdone features. Guns are still too accurate in full fire and to powerful. Because of all these details, the gameplay is not slow enough to compensate for lag issues and the players can’t experience intense gunfights, because they just can’t experience a reaction time. That’s without even considering how far a player can lunge (or teleport) to perform a melee attack with knife)
Killstreaks still are there, I can barely understand what is satisfying about getting free-kills that I haven’t done myself. Honestly, what’s the point, couldn’t it be a gameplay instead? To properly enjoy killstreaks, you must also possess a huge inferiority complex.
bought the steam version only for mp, but finished singleplayer on xbox 360.
singleplayer, nothing new. poor graphic compared to mw2, and it seems like a run-kill to the next quick time event. poor story imo.
multiplayer, as i said bought it on steam for pc. i can run mw2 with better graphic on max with 70 fps, and this game has world at war graphic and it still had less frames and looks dated as shit. and yes, the COD: Lag Ops lags more than IWnet EVER did. fps lag makes the game broken. no matter the server, the power of your pc , when u run into someone to actually aim at him, the game drops to 3 fps and u cant even see who or what killed u u just respawn from death. managed to get to lvl 30 tonight, but honestly with all the twiching i feel am gonna get epileptic attack. and i have a strange feeling this bug will stay here forever, unless the change the entire code of the game or whatever.
This game is awesome. But the PC version has MAJOR PROBLEMS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED. Its like barely playable right now. Why do people release games that are almost entirely broken?