The Latest







Raiden of Metal Gear Solid will be a playable skin (or metallic cyborg coating)  in Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, Joystiq reports.

According to Joystiq’s anonymous source, the Raiden “outfit” is unlocked after completing the new virtual training mode in the Animus, and could potentially be played throughout the entire game from the get-go.


This wouldn’t be the first joyous union for Ubisoft and Konami, as Assassin’s Creed’s Altair appeared in Metal Gear Solid 4.

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood is set for release Nov. 16, while Raiden’s next feature, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, is expected to slice into our hearts in 2011.

Check out the in-game screenshots of Raiden and tell us how pumped you are to have some MGS in your Brotherhood!

Posted by Lance

13 Comments

  1. AppleBite Says:
  2. You’ll hear no complaints from me about this. Looks pretty badass.

     
  3. FireLogic Says:
  4. The only thing is, if he still moves like Ezio, who cares? It’s just a skin. Now if he actually moves like Raiden, then it’d be something awesome.

     
  5. BlindFireX Says:
  6. i think this is pretty cool actually…it would be sweet if they put Altair in there too, just for old time sake

     
  7. Oath Says:
  8. I like this, and I really like how you unlock it, even more reason to grind through the VR mode.

    BlindfireX: i think this is pretty cool actually…it would be sweet if they put Altair in there too, just for old time sake

    Altiar is available through Uplay, just like he was in AC2, only now you also have Teenage Ezio and the Armor of Altiar (the ultimate armor of AC2 which gets destroyed very early in the game) as extra option.

    Giving us 4 alternate costumes tatol, anf those empty spaces on the outfits sections are likely more non-uplay unlockables, most likely just capes.

     
  9. Keroyx Says:
  10. i will admit, that is pretty badass.

     
  11. AvidGam3r Says:
  12. I loved altair in MGS4 and I shall love this in AC:Br

     
  13. cool, but like the guy said, if he still moves like every other character, which he will, then fuck it. it’s like the skins from God O’ War, they don’t lend anything to the gameplay (apart from taking away any challenge!), i haven’t even bothered using the exclusive codes from my CE edition cos frankly i don’t need to. once i’ve clocked the game, i’m done.

     
  14. HeroicDose Says:
  15. I think the best part about this news story is the fact that this isn’t some stupid pre-order bonus or day-1 DLC…it’s just a little in-joke between developers that results in a small thrill for fans of both series. Sure, it’s basically a cross-IP marketing ploy, but who cares when you don’t have to pay for it?

     
  16. Gerber Says:
  17. a vamp skin for online can be sweet! ubisoft make it happen!

     
  18. LoktarOGar Says:
  19. I am loving this little back and forth between Kojima and the AC guys. The Altair costume was great in MGS4, with Snake curling up his ring finger and everything.

     
  20. If i can play this on my Xbox it would be awesome. I would also love to play as raiden online. It would be so cool if there was more costumes in Brotherhood as well.

     
  21. Neeqs Says:
  22. I think both games are great…but this is so random I can’t even find it cool in all honesty.

    Much like how the Gears of War guys were thrown in Lost Planet 2…

    If they did something like let you unlock a Gray Fox skin in MGS:Rising then it’s a bit more exciting to me because the character is a lot more sentimental to the game world.

    Come to think of it…that’s a great idea! DO IT KONAMI!!!

     
  23. Evan Says:
  24. What I wonder is that I would imagine that this is PS3 exclusive, however I don't remember reading that.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets