Ubisoft community developer Gabe Graziani has popped the lid on the Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Collector’s Edition in a new video, revealing two new maps available exclusively in the $100 package.
Graziani’s footage shows the maps as elaborate, single-player treasure hunts, titled Aqueduct and Trajan Market. Aqueduct is set in the open mines of Tivoli, while Trajan Market is a “tighter, indoor experience.”
Graziani also shows off the Collector’s Edition poster signed by developers, discusses the dev diaries, soundtrack and extra footage, talks about the pretty lace on the assassin jack-in-the-box and smells the art book for us. When he points out the intricate detail on the killer harlequin’s face, imagine a crowd of middle-aged housewives milling around in the background holding old lamps and statues, and you can almost believe you’re watching Antiques Roadshow. Spoiler, it’s worth $100.
Check out the video and let us know how excited you are for Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood when it drops next Tuesday, Nov. 16, if you’re not too broke and/or tired after buying Black Ops that is.
Via Shacknews
m very excited for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.
It just pisses me off that this CE is not coming out in the UK! There is no logical reason as to why it shouldn’t have been released here too
In UK we have to codex edition which looks cool but its exclusive to play.com which is the worst retailer you can pre order from as they are not relaible, dont send out games to arrive on release day and also over price everything
Ubisoft realy annoyed me on this one
This video was worth it to see the last 15 seconds where Gabe freaks the hell out from his original attempt to open it. Too bad it was cut out of the original footage and added after the Advetisment, makes it less likely to be seen.
I wish the US had the Codex Edition, its less than the 100$ Collectors edition, and frankly I would take that sexy case over a jack in the Box.
I payed 10$ for the Collectors edition of AC2 and when they released DLC for the last Templar lair that the US CE didnt have, I could only buy it with the “Bonfire of the Vanities” DLC, but I bought the Story DLC without the Extra DLC because I assumed Ubi would be smart enough to release the extra map DLC individually. But they never did, and I refuse 6$ for content I mostly already own.
Why would I want to pay 100$ this time Around to likely get put in a similar situation and most of the cost is for that Jack in the box that does not interest me at all. No thanks, Ill wait for it to be DLC this time Ubisoft.
I agree with FG. I did exactly the same thing with AC2. Also, if you have a PS3 then that awesome soundtrack is useless to you unless you have the money to have a computer rig that has a blu ray burner/ripper to get it off the disc. If I’m going to “own” this soundtrack I would like to be able to take it off of the disc to my PS3 hard drive then transfer to USB stick to put on my iPod.
Treasure hunting mini game? The mental image I got was running around finding feathers…only instead of feathers it’s little gems or something. If so, I think I can pass on this DLC. Even though I would like to just explore the maps for a bit. Would be more worthwhile if there were some actual story to them…
Also, what’s a high tech gamer going to do with a Jack in the Box? No, seriously…is there anyone who ever woke up one day and thought to themselves, “I Need to go out and buy a Jack in the Box today. I don’t think I have enough creepy clown heads springing out of boxes.”
The soundtrack would have been a high point for me…but it looks like it doesn’t even get it’s own disc…which is disappointing. But I’m sure the music in the game will still be quite epic.
Oh and this is neither here nor there, but I just wanted to say that unboxing videos are one of the worse and dumbest things to come from gaming culture. They’re right up there with racist 13 year olds on xbox live and over priced DLC released on the same day as the games. The fact that developers are doing this now makes me lose a little faith in the industry…
I’m really excited for this game. I just hope that the single player doesn’t suffer too much from the addition of multiplayer. I’m not expecting the single player campaign to be of the length or depth of AC2 but longer than AC1 for sure. I think the next step for this series would be an open world multiplayer enviroment (something along the lines of red dead redemption)
Why Why WHY!? Stop haveing exlusive dlc contant from everything before the game ships. Srsly can’t u just lie to us and release the content a month later? Atleast then I won’t know that I’m beeing bent over a table.