The Latest


As if E3 wasn’t even happening next week, THQ today announced that the sequel to 2010′s Darksiders is scheduled to come to the 360, PS3, and PC at some point in 2012. New details on the project will be coming soon courtesy of Game Informer, where the title will be the cover story for the July edition of the mag.

Apparently, Darksiders II will attempt to improve on every aspect of the original hit be featuring a dramatically larger world, full weapon and armor upgrade systems as well as bigger and more challenging dungeons and vast array of new enemies and bosses.
Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President of Core Games commented: “We have taken the best parts of Darksiders and improved on them with a host of new mechanics and features. You will see great things from this epic game.”

Here’s a brief description:

Darksiders II follows the exploits of DEATH, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in a weaving tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game. This epic journey propels DEATH through various light and dark realms as he tries to redeem his brother WAR, the horseman who was blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders.


I don’t know about you, but I really enjoyed the first Darksiders so this will be one to watch for sure. Agree? Disagree? Let’s hear it in the comments!

Posted by Lance

3 Comments

  1. Zoltan Says:
  2. –WARNING: potential spoilers below!!–

    Well that destroys any hope for four player co-op. The end of Darksiders kind of gave the opportunity for a four horsemen of the apocalypse scenario. Though I can kind of see how that would require a completely different game to be made.
    Actually, upon further consideration it would be unreasonable to expect a the sequel to a single-player-only game to be multiplayer focussed.

    I’m interested to see what Darksiders 2 will bring.

     
  3. Thehenicac Says:
  4. I think they might add some multiplayer (DLC??) to it. As the kind of multiplayer that is in Portal 2 (in that being a “story” after the main story).
    And I think I read somewhere that the devs really wanted there to be multiplayer in the second game….
    I feel a search coming up here..

    EDIT:
    Quite old, but here ya go:
    http://www.destructoid.com/darksiders-2-being-discussed-may-have-multiplayer-153387.phtml

     
  5. fearthejeark Says:
  6. I wonder if they have plans for each Horseman to star in a game. Could be interesting. But on the subject of this, WOOOO!!

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets