Call of Duty: Black Ops‘ First Strike DLC has landed on PS3, and it’s a real hum-dinger. Literally.
The map pack costs $15, just as it did when it hit Xbox 360 in February, and includes four multiplayer maps–Berlin Wall, Discovery, Kowloon and Stadium–and the zombie mode, Ascension.
In celebration of the PS3 DLC drop, Activision released an epic First Strike music video featuring Scorpion’s “Wind of Change.”
If you’re a PS3 user who wants some more Black Ops, but you’re sadly strapped for cash, remember–downloading the DLC will cost you $15, but singing along is free.
Source
The map pack costs $15, just as it did when it hit Xbox 360 in February, and includes four multiplayer maps–Berlin Wall, Discovery, Kowloon and Stadium–and the zombie mode, Ascension.
In celebration of the PS3 DLC drop, Activision released an epic First Strike music video featuring Scorpion’s “Wind of Change.”
If you’re a PS3 user who wants some more Black Ops, but you’re sadly strapped for cash, remember–downloading the DLC will cost you $15, but singing along is free.
Source
Although I bought both DLC for MW2, I actually don’t like Black Ops that much so I won’t get this. The only multiplayer games I am playing at the moment is Killzone 3 and MW2 (yes I still am playing it )
Why do people buy these map packs? WHYY? But most importantly, why do people buy call of duty games? Whyy? It all went down the drain after the first modern warfare(which was brilliant)
Activision really fucked themselves (actually they fucked half of their fan-base) with these 3 weeks exclusivity deals,.. A lot of people have switched to MAG, BC2 and Killzone3,.. and Socom4 is just around the corner,.. I really doubt this will sell very well on PS3 for 15 usd,..
edit: Apparently Blops still sells a metric ass-ton of copies on PS3 ,.. I don’t get it,.. it is probably peer pressure,.. But they are better shooters on both systems,..
The reason it sells well is because MW really has become the casual shooter of our era. This is one of the main reasons Activision had some news attributed to them regarding the franchise’s title and general name. The casual gamer will recognize the name not the developer or the publisher.
The casual gamer doesn’t go on sites such as EBA like the core gamer does; their numbers are not comparable in this regard. So none of them hear about Activision, or even know what they are beyond the flash title at the start of the game.
They just see a new mw game and jump on board, they don’t pay attention to the developers behind the game and some may not even care to know. To them Treyarc and IW might as well be one entity.
Be that as it may, I think he was asking why people bother spending $15 on a map pack (on top of the $60 for the game). I guess the same answer could apply: because it’s popular with casual gamers. Although I would think casual gamers as you described wouldn’t even notice or care when something like a map pack comes out. I think there are just tons of kids these days whose parents have lots of disposable income and they don’t really supervise the use of it very much.
bought map pack today (11£) im pissed at those maps.. proper camp fest.. im playing rush all the way and on old maps you have a chance to run from A>B and find always some cover.. but not on new maps, there are always some windows or balconies people camp wearing ghost perk..
maps are forcing you to camp
KILLZONE 3 all the way 4x better then BlackOps im not buying next CoD ..no freaking way.