No, we’re not kidding and despite the temptation to believe that today’s press release issued by 2K is some sort of publicity stunt or April Fool’s joke, it appears to be a distinctly real fact that Duke Nukem Forever is once again delayed.
The game, which was triumphantly announced to have a May 3 release date back in January, is now being pushed back over a month with the international audience getting it on June 10, 2011 and North America doing the Duke on June 14, 2011.
“I’m very sorry for the added delay. We’ve all been working extremely hard and are very eager to deliver the game to you,” stated Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software. “I’ve been thinking of these lyrics from the great country song, ‘He’s The Duke’ – ‘He told us if we waited we could Come Get Some, but I never knew Forever was going to be so long.’ If you’re like me, June cannot come quickly enough.”
“In case you haven’t heard, Duke never comes early,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “We’re committed to deliver a laugh-out-loud, politically incorrect experience that people will talk about for years to come. We thank Duke’s fans for their continued patience – I promise this won’t take another 15 years.”
So, how does news of the delay impact your anticipation for the game? Go ahead and leave us some thoughts in the comments – you apparently have plenty of time to do so.


I won’t believe that this game is ever actually coming out until I see it on store shelves.
Good ol’ Duke though, at least he’s keeping true to himself
LMAO!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE ITS BEING DELAYED…AGAIN!!! OMG!! LMAO!!!!! KainlessQuote
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!