If the name Clint Mansell doesn’t mean anything to you, it should. A favorite composer of the renown film director Darren Aronofsky (The Wrestler, Black Swan), Clint Mansell is one of the most talented composers working in film toady. And now he is working with one of the most talented teams in video games, BioWare. Mansell is currently hard at work on the score for one of the most anticipated games of the 2011, Mass Effect 3.
Mansell has written many of our time’s most interesting and prolific film scores including Pi, Requiem For A Dream, and the recent Oscar favorite, Black Swan. He also wrote one of my all-time favorite movie soundtracks, for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe, The Fountain.
So if Clint Mansell hasn’t been on your radar before now, you should check out his music. I have no doubt we will be talking about him much more as we move closer to the release of Mass Effect 3 this holiday.
Source

Oh HELL yes!
Im not going to lie, if im playing a game with a shitty soundtrack i throw on some Requiem/Fountain, i am also i huge fan of this Legend. Him and Zimmer. *Drooooolll*
I like Mansell and his work, but Wall, Hulick, Jaques and Kates did a magnificent job in ME1 and 2. I don’t know that I’d like them to be set aside.
HELL yes!
hope he does a good job. I’m not really sure I’ve heard anything from him before. I loved Jack Wall’s soundtracks in both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2z28mutY1E
He’ll be missed. :(
When I hear the name Clint Mansell, i right away return to his epic song of Requiem for a Dream which is often used in trailers. so that would give way to the saying:
“HELL TO THE FUCK YEAH!”
This is HUGE!
Anyone who did not see Requiem for a Dream should do it right now!
This is great news as long as it still ‘sounds’ like Mass Effect. I hope they keep the rave/techno music and dont drop it entirely. It wouldnt sound right without a good balance of the symphonic and trance.