In typical, “we’ll put out the game when we’re damn ready to” fashion, Blizzard has clarified a statement earlier this week concerning their upcoming roster of titles. If the company releases no games this year, then they will be putting out two in 2012.
As for what the two games in question could be? Diablo III is at the top of everybody’s want list, and Blizzard also has the Titan MMO and two more chapters of the Starcraft II trilogy in the works; so anybody’s guess really. Bottom line is, one way or another, Blizzard will have two new games out in the next two years.
Now, the conspiracy-minded among you may already be putting together that the sheer awesomeness of two Blizzard games in the same year could be the thing that triggers the 2012 end-of-the-world-thing. If that’s the case, it will have been worth it.
What do YOU want to see next from Blizzard?
No real interest in Diablo but keen to see those SC games continue to come out. Hopefully its a slightly lesser price than Wings of Liberty because its a mere expansion and will be using the same engine. Im not normally so cheap but at certain stores, games are as much as $120 in Australia, despite our dollar being like 0.96 of the US dollar.
Blizzard have never made a bad game, so let them take as long as they like.
It will be Diablo 3 and Heart of the Swarm … the only combination that makes sense.
Blizzard is for me, definitely one of my favourite if not the best gaming company.
I agree with earnest, I am really more interest in the follow up of Starcraft II then the other titles, but I can’t help but be excited for Diablo III, though I am a bit reticent about its quality and staying power like the first was in our hearts.
Even Dungeon Siege III (not Blizzard I know), is getting dumbed down for consoles so I wonder if Diablo III isn’t going the same road too. Nothing against consoles as I have them too, but it doesn’t feel right to me.
As for Starcraft II (again) I also hope the expansion will be less expensive but knowing Blizzard it will be more like a full game than an expansion so it will be full priced. Now, what I really wished for was if they kept for every expansion a pricier and AWESOME pack filled with goodies! I don’t know about you guys but I would love a Battle Cruiser on my desk serving as the most awesome paperweight ever! :)
Am i the only one that thinks they are taking waaaaaay too long for diablo III? :\ hell by the time that shit comes out there will be a better dungeon crawler sad to say, I love diablo but is this wait really worth it?? :\
Some people are never happy…Blizzard took so much time with StarCraft2. Result? Best RTS in recent years.
And Heart of the Swarm has been confirmed as an expansion, so very likely to be priced at such.
I’m cool with their way of saying “it’ll be ready when it’s done”. It’s so much better then companies rushing to meet their November release date.
In fact, I want both games to be released in 2012. You know why? It’ll make Activision have an awful year with it’s clusterfuck of a CoD coming out. And it’ll make Bobby Kotick call Blizzard, asking them “Why no releases to save my ass?” only to be met with “We don’t give a fuck about you Bobby.”
I can always dream :)
“Now, the conspiracy-minded among you may already be putting together that the sheer awesomeness of two Blizzard games in the same year could be the thing that triggers the 2012 end-of-the-world-thing. If that’s the case, it will have been worth it.”
Haha! That’s EXACTLY what I was thinking! Can’t wait for Diablo 3, D2 is still one of my favorite RGPs.
If you ask me… my money is on starcraft expansion and diablo. There is no way they’ll release Titan without extensive beta. Just look at what they did with Cataclysm…They are just accustomed to it. They’ll do a long beta, and release it, people will have fun with overpowered stuff and they will get out their often used nerfbat and “fix” stuff. Anyway to elaborate why those two. Starcraft because they want more money from it and one year is about the right mix of ‘still fun and fresh to play’ and ‘it’s time for something new cuz we played it to hell’. And diablo because they made all classes and gave the media almost everything they want to brag about. I think it is at the ‘needs little polishing’. Anyway who needs it anyway… I am waiting for Dragon Age 2 to waste my time until Skyrim, because when it comes out I’ll play it for a month and then the world will end… and I will die happy. O . ^