EA has dropped the first gameplay video for Battlefield 3, and while the glorious glimpse is certainly brief and appearing to be filmed by the Cloverfield kids, it’s beautiful in a booming death-and-destruction sort of way.
The end of the short clip provides new information about the digital expansion pack, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand. The pack will come free with pre-orders of the Limited Edition. Back to Karkand includes four upgraded Battlefield 2 maps, classic weapons and vehicles, and new rewards and achievements/trophies.
Here’s the official Pre-Order content description:
EA and DICE today announced a massive pre-order incentive for Battlefield 3, the long-awaited successor to the epic, internationally acclaimed 2005 game, Battlefield 2. Available for a limited time, the Battlefield 3 pre-order offer features the digital expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at no extra charge. This themed multiplayer expansion pack includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more.
“We are gearing up for a fight and we’re here to win,” said Karl Magnus Troedsson, General Manager, DICE. “Where other shooters are treading water Battlefield 3 innovates. Frostbite 2 is a game-changer for shooter fans. We call it a next-generation engine for current-generation platforms.”
“We wanted to create the most immersive and emotionally powerful Battlefield game ever and we needed new technology to deliver on our vision,” said Patrick Bach, Executive Producer. “Battlefield 3 preserves the franchise’s signature sandbox style and even brings back classic fan favorites like jets, going prone and 64-player multiplayer on PC.”
Battlefield 3 is due out this fall for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
So, go watch the debut video and then give us your first impressions on Battlefield 3 right here!
this distorted theme song is giving me the shivers, but in a good way :) aslong as they stay away from MoH game play it’s a success!
Was thinking the same thing as Becks. The game looks really great. What little of it you see. And you know its going to be great as long as dice gets to do it their way.
So shove the moha kids in the cupboard so they don’t taint this game.
OMFG, this game looks phenomenal… seriously, I’m speechless.
…
…
Still nothing.
Thank god. I have been waiting for a shooter to bring me back. Is it me or is EA just on a roll lately. Dead Space 2, Severed pack, BF3, Bulletstorm, NFS: HP, Dragon Age 2… Dunno about Crysis 2 but the rest… All recent and real soon releases(Except BF3 but from the looks of it well worth the wait). All top notch for their respective genres… The big “2″ are becoming the big “1″ especially if they beat the next COD to the punch with an earlier release date. here’s hoping bobby gets his “Come upence”
F*ck me, that’s hot! I wanna be punched in the face by a muslim today, god dammit!
A muslim? Really? Come on..
have concerns from the trailer. The trailer is clearly made from campaign gameplay and not multiplayer, which I feel BF3 doesn’t need in the first place and will just divide resources.
Also I’m wondering if the campaign is being done by DICE or the MoH guys, and also thinking weapon models and animations tend to look far better in the campaigns than multiplayer (with the help of scripting), so the trailer may be misleading as to the quality of multiplayer.
Still looking forward to BF3 but I just hope in the same vain as Beck before me, that it doesn’t end up anything like Medal of Honour and is worthy of being a true sequel to Battlefield 2.
Also another tiny squabble I have is the amount of sky bloom. It’s going to make flying (jets or choppers) annoying in BF3 as it was in Atacama Desert (BFBC2).
Looks like campaign gameplay…which is not exactly what I want to see but the game still looks good, mostly because, for once, you look like you’re a standard grunt, not some beefed up special forces, which is great and true to BF.
I honestly don’t mind a campaign…it’s not like I’m going to play it anyway…
And…release jets gameplay DICE. You know that would give a lot of people orgasms. Yes…plural. Multiple orgasms.
I guess that depends on what kinda gamer you are… personally, I don’t care about MP at all. Ever since Internet Cafes/LAN parties died, the only MP I play is split screen, nowadays MP is not different from playing with Bots, in either case you can’t see the people you’re playing against. The lack of human interaction =/= fun, for me.
t depends. If you get on Vent/Mumble, you do get interaction with people, if only through voice. It is possible to coordinate with friends. I did it with BF2 and it was a blast flying a helicopter when there’s teamwork. You don’t try to “guess” what the pilot or co-pilot is trying to do.
There’s also the challenge factor. Humans are smarter then bots. Sometimes.
BF at 64 players isn’t made for LAN parties anyway. How often are you going to get 64 people in the same place for a LAN party? Logistics would be nightmarish.
The pre-order incentive is pretty queer. It’s essentially saying “buy our game day one or you don’t get the full game.” I have a pretty big problem with that.
Doesn’t he get punch in the face by a muslim at the end? Arab? Russian? Iraqi? Soldier? I meant no disrespect… I just want to be punched in the face…. today god dammit, not fall.
Here’s to 7 months of bittersweet anticipation.
He gets punched in the face by a persian. He says “Kesafat” which means disgusting in persian. And from what I heard it will also be set in Tehran so it sort of makes sense.