The Latest




































I realize that the nominations have been out for a while, but after watching a few of the movies nominated this weekend I thought now would be appropriate to voice (or better type) my opinions.

Here be the nominations

There is the link for anyone who isn't up to date with what is being nominated this year. I've seen 5 of the 10 films put up, however looking through the rest of the nominations only 5 out of 10 of those movies actually have a chance of winnning, being:   

    * “Black Swan” Darren Aronofsky
    * “The Fighter” David O. Russell
    * “The King's Speech” Tom Hooper
    * “The Social Network” David Fincher
    * “True Grit” Joel Coen and Ethan Coen


I say these ones are the only ones that have a chance of winning because these are the movies who's director is up for director of the year, and only 3 movies (out of 82 years) have won best movie without its Director being nominated too.

Of which I've seen are Black Swan, True Grit, and the Social Network. It's a tough choice as each movie is the best of their respective genre meaning that individual taste is what will win the award this year. Judging by the Goldne Globes I would say Social Network, however since the Academy is full of artsy farts, I think Black Swan will win it, however I heard King's Speech is really good/artsy too so it could be anyone's guess.

I do Love Jeff Bridges, but I think Jesse Eisenberg, who I'm not particularlly fond of, did a great job portraying Mark. I'm still saddened to see Nolan snubbed from best director...again. Actress in a Supporting Role BETTER go to that little girl!

Animated movie I thought would easily go to Toy Story 3, but then I rememebered that How to Train Your Dragon also came out in 2010. Which means that Toy Story 3 will still win, but I'll feel kinda bad for Dragons.

Inception will lose best picture, but it better at least win Original Screen Play...please don't give the middle finger to Nolan again.

That's all I got. So who/what do you think will win this year? Comment below and/or check out the forums and post away on what you think will be America's next top model...I mean movie.

Posted by Evan

1 Responses to 2011 Academy Awards

  1. KennyDee Says:
  2. You know I was actually upset that they have snipped a few people out of their well deserved nominations like Leonardo DeCaprio, and yeah where the f is Nolan? I dunno, I mean most of the nominated movies are good as well but the list doesn't go very far.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets