The Latest




Pirates playing backups of the best booty beware–Microsoft’s latest Xbox 360 update features a hidden treasure you won’t want to find.

The mandatory update has blocked players from playing backed-up versions of Call of Duty: Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2 and Halo: Reach. No one has reported being banned, but these accounts are most likely flagged.

Xbox forums are full of dirty pirate talk right now, so if your update is taking a long time to download, you may want to read some of these posts to see what might be in store for you.

Posted by Lance

3 Comments

  1. new dust Says:
  2. Good to see Microsoft is taking action against pirates and hackers.

    I hope that Sony also can block them, since the recent hacks deem CoD: MW, CoD: W@W and MW2 completly unplayable.

    But I got a feeling, wich is ofcourse utter nonsense, but still I got the feeling that Microsoft payed money to make or leave the CoD franchise unplayable on the Sony platform.
    The more because Activision claims it is unable to patch the PS3 version because it’s security door is wide open, while the xbox360′s security is equally open. Also isn’t the timing of this update a bit to coïncidal.

    ( If I sound paranoid it’s probably because I watched to much X-files lately XD )

     
  3. Donpohitos Says:
  4. I don’t think that it will sighnificantly help in war against piracy but it’s good aleast see them trying. I’d like to see them make ballzy move atleast once and bann a lot of pirated consoles

     
  5. Wasat Says:
  6. Well, the guys that made pirating possible on the 360 are already working on a patch for those games that have AP25 (Anti-piracy 25). This is yet another poor atempt from Microsoft to keep their console pirates-free. I’m just saying.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets