See that guy in the picture? He is about to be eaten. Aliens aren't invading, demons aren't erupting from fiery portals devouring everything in their path, no, this man is about to be eaten by a dinosaur, and that can only mean one thing: Jurassic Park.
![]() |
| All Rise for the Honorable Judge Rex. And by rise I mean die horribly. |
Why should you be excited about this game? Games based off of movie franchises have less than stellar track records, most being poorly produced products intended to cash in on the temporary hype or lack there of, of the movie; just look at "Bee Movie" or any of the Lord of the Rings games. But Telltale Games gives us reason to hope, epically in the wake of games like Batman: Arkham Asylum, an example that shows that good games based on Movie and Comic Book franchises are possible.
According to developers Jurassic Park is going to be a story driven adventure in the vein of "Heavy Rain" which means that if you have a shotgun, and Mr. T-Rex comes around the corner, you will probably die horribly, which is how it should be. No running behind trees and rocks and finding magical health packs that makes things all better, either use your highly evolved brain to escape, or have said brain eaten like a tiny crab cake by The Honorable Mr. Rex. That is what gamers have come to expect. And that is what we should rightly receive, so listen up Telltale Games and give us "Heavy Dinosaurs."
No specific release date is available but Jurassic Park is set to be released on the PC and MAC sometime this year.
Source: Kotaku


I wonder how this will work with the TellTale Tool. Jurassic Park was famous for how tense the scenes were...
I want this inside me.
This is an interesting approach to the Jurassic Park series, i'm tingling with excitement.
I like the idea of a more action-oriented adventure game. Even though I love point-and-click games, sometimes you see all this awesome stuff happening on screen (the last part of the 1st episode of BTTF being the most recent example) that you wish you can control but just end up trying to be creative with dialogue trees.
So, how is this gonna work? I, for one, am all for fighting a T-Rex using insults ala Monkey Island.
T-Rex: mumblemumblemumble
Jeff Goldblum: I'm Jeff Goldblum-Threepwood, and I want to become a living cliche!
*T-Rex fainted!*
Yes, that would be a game I would buy. But in all seriousness, I want to know how they do this. If it uses cartoonish visuals, then they're gonna have to insert a tongue-in- cheek feel to the game, which would be alright but I'd rather have it stick to the original tone of the film. Also, point and click? Maybe they could do more or less the same thing as the insults but instead of choosing what to say you could choose a course of action. Ah well, guess I'll just have to wait for leaked gameplay footage
GIVE IT TO ME!!!
Ah Ah Ah, didnt say the magic word, ah ah ah
What is this shit about Jurassic Park being about character development and that coming before anything else? The characters were MEH at best, and it's pretty obvious the movies and books were mostly concerned with the thrills and suspense of dinoasaur attacks than any character development.
Wow, these screenshots make it look like this game is gonna be well-made.
SHOOOOOOT HERRR!!!!
I feel like this game is a big step for Telltale. With all the attention they've been getting recently a successful evolution of the system they've been using would be exactly what they need right now.
Let's see if they can prove they're not a one-trick pony (So to speak.....)
Ooooh, it looks nice. I'm ashamed to admit that I thought Telltale didn't have it in 'em.
Oh man I've been waiting for a new jp forever, hope its good! Don't you Fucking fail me TellTale!
Welcome to the VGH family Ed! Nice article!!
This article made me chuckle. Nice to have a fresh face around here, I hope this game is actually legit considering Telltale is point and click..
How can they even put a point and click game into an action pack genre like JP. FML