After months of rumors, speculation, and sorta confirmation, SEGA has finally came out today and revealed The Dreamcast Collection for Xbox 360 and PC. The pack is scheduled to launch in North America on February 22, with a European release three days later.
Now, the big question on everyone’s minds is what will be included in the bundle. The pack sadly contains no real surprises, with four games that have already been released over Xbox LIVE Arcade, namely Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, SEGA Bass Fishing, and Space Channel 5 Part 2. These versions will be straight from the Xbox LIVE Arcade ports, and will include the same features, including enhanced graphics, Achievements, and online leaderboards.
So, if you’re a hardcore Dreamcast fan who has already downloaded these offerings from XBLA, then this pack won’t provide you with anything you don’t already have. However, for PC gamers and fans who have yet to invest, the collection weighs in at $30, ten bucks cheaper than it would cost to get them all off XBLA. That’s cool, right?
via Dtoid
This is cool! I never thought I’d be able to play this on PC (without emulators)
Disappointing to say the least…
FOUR GAMES? Really? This is their answer to piracy: FOUR GAMES.
See, I understand that they’re trying to fight back and still make some money out of this but come on, you don’t go to a gun fight with a pair of scissors! Pull out the big guns, SEGA. How about exclusive content? Not-before-seen Japanese games now translated? Anything bigger than only four games! I’m sorry but this will conquer nothing.
I will be getting this as I’m a big dreamcast fan and the console here in Brazil is pratically inexistent but this is just sad. I guarantee you that 90% of people who buys piracy does so as a more praticle form of digital distribution and/or inability to achieve it any other way, not because they’re “bad, bad folks”. It’s not a black-and-white issue. I’m not defending piracy, just saying that if this is their blow against it, it’s going to be a long long way until it ends.
PS.: At least they will release Space Channel 5 Part 2 which is a fairly rare game. This alone validates the purchase. And Sonic Adventure maybe.
What a waste of fucking time… Sega could literally fuck up anything, absolutely anything.