The Latest


Can’t stand to lose with integrity in a fighting game? Feel the need to press the ‘Quit’ icon every time the chips are down? Well, you better think twice, no, three times about doing so in Capcom’s upcoming brawler, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds. According to GamesRadar, Capcom implemented a system that tracks the quitting ratio of players, and players with a high quitting habit will be placed into a matchmaking bracket of similar players. While this isn’t confirmed, Capcom has been contacted to speak about the claim.

Shoryuken has notes that a similar system was included in Capcom’s other ‘Vs.’ fighter, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom early last year, so this report could be true.

Hopefully, if implemented, this will make brawls online a little less aggravating?  What do you guys say? Would this kind of a system make the non-quitting fans happy?

via Joystiq

Posted by Anonymous

5 Comments

  1. 7he0j Says:
  2. “Would this kind of a system make the non-quitting fans happy?”

    If it works, absolutely!

    I have SF4 on PC and community is much better than on console version, but ocasionally a rage-quitter appears.
    I hope that someday there would be more than 2 fighting games on the PC in the decade. Blazblue isn’t available for me so I’m stuck with SF4 and Capcom decided not to support us

     
  3. Lost Number Says:
  4. Wish more games did this, or something similar, looking at you Gears Of War.

     
  5. Scroeballs Says:
  6. You should try playing soccer games man (PES for me, i despise FIFA). Quitting results in an autiomatic 3-0 loss, so it’s in your best interests to keep it at 2-0 or let the opponent score to prevent rage quitting.

    I understand that broadband services in Europe are donkey years behind the US & it’s not always the result of a person quitting, but a penalty system should most definately be in check, especially for those with a high quit ratio.

    P.S. I will readily admit to rage quitting once in my entire life, but that was because I was playing my best friend & I knew it would make him go nuclear… which he did!

     
  7. mikeisonfire Says:
  8. I think this is a great idea! If this system works the way it should, then hopefully future multiplayer games would start to implement this!

     
  9. matt Says:
  10. I’m In favor or any system of rules that limit early quitters. Gears had bots replace non-host players when they left, and games like COD or Halo have used host migration for awhile. This is one more tool.

    My question is “what happens once you’re in the “quitters circle” is there any way out of rage quit limbo once you’ve been marked? What if Joe blow had a string of days where his little brother was upstairs downloading porn during a match and he got dropped due to a crappy internet connection? Is he boned?

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets