The Latest

Did you recently lose all of your save game data after playing for hours into Mass Effect 2 on the PS3? Well, beside being incredibly frustrated, something else you are is – not alone. Several users have been reporting corrupted save game data. And it isn’t just deleting your most recent game save, it is deleting all of them!
According to Eurogamer, however, it seems that BioWare is aware of the issue and asking for your help to figure what is causing the problem. So although they know about it, they don’t seem to know exactly what is causing it. But I would guess that they are working frantically to repair the problem even as you read this.
What’s the lesson here? Back up your game saves so you don’t find 20+ hours of gameplay disappear before your very eyes.

Posted by Lance

9 Comments

  1. chaosean Says:
  2. Ouch. I just picked the game up for PS3 a few days ago. I still haven’t opened it though. I’ve had it on 360 but because of other things I have a back log of games and this will be my first playthrough of the game. I wanted to import my Shepard on my first playthrough so I ended up starting it on 360 even though I have just bought it again. I’m tempted to leave my PS3 copy sealed just in case I get hit with a GoTY edition screwover later. That said I’ve played about 7 hours in the past few days. I can’t help but feel like I lucked out. I know Bioware will fix it as soon as they can. Till then, I guess backing up save files is the only way to really avoid it, and I’m sure players appreciate the heads up if they havent had this happen to them yet.

     
  3. Overkeeleft Says:
  4. Knowing Bioware, they are biting their fingernails off to find this problem as soon as possible… Its not like Bioware to have something this major stay in there too long… I hope…

     
  5. Donraptozone Says:
  6. I read on the Bioware forums that many people seem to encounter this particular problem while playing the Shadow Broker mission. That being said, last night I did just that an I had no problems at all. I’m not too knowledgeable about the technical side of things, but could me not having a PS3 Slim but an old 60GB fat version have something to do with this? Just curious, maybe someone more tech-savvy could shed some light on that.

     
  7. cjoyce Says:
  8. just playing through this again on the 360 after I purchased all the DLC in the recent sale on Xbox live and I’m still loving it!!

    I’m gutted about the PS3 owners losing there save games, as I believe that would spoil my enjoyment especially after putting 20+ hours in the game.

    But don’t worry guys, I’m sure BioWare will come to the rescue, as they are known for supporting there users. Just give them time and you will be enjoying the best game of 2010 again soon.

     
  9. Hmm Says:
  10. Also playing on a 60GB original, I’m a good 14 hours in with no save data errors so far, and hopefully won’t encounter any until the update that solves this is realized.

     
  11. how stupid, they should check this things before releasing the ME2.. thinking its only days after game came out! dont they employ testers anymore!? they dont even know what couse it!?

     
  12. Snyderman Says:
  13. Has not been happening on my copy of the game for ps3.

     
  14. sangrata Says:
  15. Good on Bioware for coming out and communicating with the community. I hope they get this issue sorted out fast, as its a very serious one.

    Although bugs can be fixed via patching these days, its going to be especially serious for PS3 users who have not connected to PSN at all or users who play all their games without signing in. They will be stuck with a bug that can potentially erase all of their ME2 game data.

     
  16. BiowareRep Says:
  17. Newest news on the issue:

    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/292/index/5845607

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets