The Latest


There's quite a few games coming out in the next couple weeks, Mass Effect 2 for the PS3, Dead Space 2, Little Big Planet 2, and with a new game comes a brand new launch trailer to get everyone hyped.

Let's start off with a new launch trailer for a not so new game. Mass Effect 2 has been around for almost a year now, and its been topping the list of 360 games ever since its release. Now it's time for PS3 owners to get a little taste of one of gaming's biggest sci-fi epics. The PS3 Launch Trailer, in my opinion, doesn't beat out the 360's Launch Trailer from last January, which might be one of my personal favorite trailers of all time, but it does a great job of getting PS3 owners hyped up for one of the best games to hit shelves last year. Check it out below:


Next up is a brand new trailer for the release of Dead Space 2, the next installment in the action/horror franchise, complete with music from The Smashing Pumpkins and plenty of close-ups of Isaac Clarke's face.


Little Big Planet 2 is going to be amazing. I loved the first one, and with all of these new features and options I just can't help but feel like this will be 10x better. Check out this new trailer from Media Molecule and get ready for some Sackboy shenanigans come January 18th.


These next couple of games don't really come out for a few months, but I figured some of these new trailers were definitely worth watching. The Bulletstorm parody trailer of Halo 3's diorama is pretty funny and SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED's new release trailer has "actual gameplay" in it. Check 'em out!



Edit: Here's another Little Big Planet 2 Trailer, titled Adventure, which showcases even more crazy things you can make in LBP2!

Posted by Jacob

8 Comments

  1. Fandom Says:
  2. I don’t have a PS3, but i would buy the Blu-ray.
    Mainly because you can sell your game when it turns out that the game sucks *cough* Fallout New Vegas.
    of course you wouldn’t have that problem when you’re a Plus member in this case.

     
  3. randomnes Says:
  4. i be getting this as soon as i finish watching the walkthrough on youtube as i want to see all the story and gameplay from the 1st one.
    But il still be getting the blue ray version , im still not comfortable buying new £40 games on psn, i still love that new game smell straight from the box

     
  5. size of the download will be huge! whole game with all the DLC’s on new engine. it might be compressed ..somehow.

     
  6. After my ps3 crapped out on me I decided I would never again buy any large files off of psn. It just takes way to long to re-download everything. Also, unless there is some guarantee that I will be able to transfer all of these digital downloads to all future Sony consoles I’m just not interested.

     
  7. The backup utility on the PS3 is crap and having to download a game that large (and eventually re-download, if you ever want to play it again in the future after deleting it) isn’t worth the hassle. Also, at the same price point, there’s really no advantage to going digital.

    I’ll stick with the disc release.

     
  8. marcelksk Says:
  9. It makes a lot more sense for most people to buy the disc version, so that they can resell it or play the game on a different PS3 in the future without having to redownload everything. It still baffles me why downloadable games cost the same, or in some cases more, than their disc-based counterparts. Unless digital content becomes significantly cheaper, I’ll continue to purchase all games on disc as long as they are available on disc.

     
  10. Hakumon Says:
  11. Make it cheaper than the physical version and people might actually care Sony… I doubt that they are smart enough to do that though…It’s Sony after all and they cant figure out digital media yet.

     
  12. 7h30n Says:
  13. This is excellent news for PS3 folks.

    Oh, and this reminds me – I haven’t yet played Mass Effect. Everyone around me says how awesome the game is, and the series even received praise from a friend of mine who is hardly by game quality so it must mean series is really good! It seems I know what I’ll be doing on my PC in those 3 college-free weeks, just gotta wrap up the exams next week.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets