Games like Call of Duty: Black Ops and Fallout: New Vegas have been having their downloadable content debut exclusively on the Xbox 360 before eventually moving onto other platforms, a trend that will now continue with THQ’s highly anticipated game Homefront.
THQ’s upcoming shooter will debut its first DLC maps exclusively on Xbox LIVE before the PS3 or PC versions. Additionally, the Xbox 360 version will score its very own exclusive map at launch, called “Suburbs”.
Details are scarce at the moment, but more info on the maps will be revealed on “Inside Xbox” next week.
via Joystiq
Alright, is it just me or is Microsoft the most petty bunch of idiots on the planet. I mean seriously now that Sony has a stellar lineup of games and a ton of decent exclusives Microsoft is like “Haha, we’re gonna pay companies a ton of money to put map-packs on our console before yours so HAH.” Petty bunch of morons, just make more games instead of trying to piss us gamers off!
I’m a PS3 player but this is fine. I just can’t wait to play the story mode. This game looks great.
If Microsoft wants to pay money for that, fine with me. I have no real issue with getting maps later. I will buy the PC version, because it is the cheapest one and simply play the other available maps.