The Latest



Dust off your Nanosuit, EA and Crytek today announced that the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo will be starting January 25 exclusively on the 360, allowing Xboxers to experience the gameplay variety offered by the franchise’s signature Nanosuit in a multiplayer setting.

The demo catapults players into a war-torn Manhattan where two teams fight to the death; each using the powers of the Nanosuit to be fast, be strong and be invisible. Maps will be set across New York City, presenting players with vertical gameplay that allows them to strategize, attack and defend from above and below.

Here’s an official description of the demo:


The Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo will feature the “Skyline” map, and two game modes; “Team Instant Action” and “Crash Site”. “Team Instant Action” pits two teams against each other as they kill as many opponents as possible to earn higher ranks. In “Crash Site”, players will battle for control of alien drop pods, earning points by guarding their pods and keeping enemies at bay. Developed by Crytek UK, Crytek’s specialist multiplayer studio, Crysis 2 multiplayer will include six gameplay modes and 12 maps set across recognizable locations in New York City.  Throughout the campaign, players can earn up to 50 multiplayer ranks and a variety of different upgrades to their weapons and their Nanosuit.


“Crysis 2 offers a fresh, new take on multiplayer – one that will stand out and establish the game as a top contender in the first person shooter genre,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. “The Nanosuit gives gamers a sense of power they have yet to experience in any other shooter and having New York City as a backdrop will present a different type of playground with even more possibilities.”

Built on CryENGINE3, Crysis 2 will be available for the 360, PS3, and PC on March 22, 2011 in North America and March 25, 2011 in Europe. No official word on a demo for the other platforms was given today, but we’ll of course keep you posted if/when those details emerge.

Posted by Lance

7 Comments

  1. atrusamak Says:
  2. Exclusive demo? F*ck you Crytek!!! It seems you’ve been spending too much time with EA Partners…

     
  3. Huh, what a coincidence. I just happen to have two 360 exclusive middle fingers that have a release date of….(wait for it)…UHHNNN…..(wait for it)….AHHA! Right Now!
    Well, I guess they “need” the crysis 2 multi demo exclusive for 360, you know, because gears is the only exclusive title they have left. XD

     
  4. Applebit Says:
  5. Sucks that the demo’s another 360 exclusive. However, I saw the trailer a few hours ago and thought it looked fucking kickass. I wasn’t even considering getting this game before I saw that trailer, but damn, it looks like pure fun. I guess we’ll see on the 25th.

     
  6. Pholt1983 Says:
  7. I’m planning on getting this game for my PS3 since my PC isn’t up to spec, but I have a 360 too, so I guess I’ll try out the beta and adjust to a new controller feel when I get the full retail game.

     
  8. Uriel Says:
  9. Kind of understandable considering it’s cheaper for game companies to release demos on Live as compared to PSN and most people have both systems so it doesn’t really matter to much if they do.

    Speaking of Crytek, 360 and exclusives; has there been any sort of news about Kingdoms? I mean like real news since I haven’t really heard anything about that game since it got announced at E3.

     
  10. Harshy Says:
  11. Obvious troll is… /sigh

     
  12. Unfettered Says:
  13. It’s time to quit PC gaming when a hardcore PC developer does exclusive multiplayer demo for a console.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets